Houzz Logo Print
carladr

Savant or Creston Home Automation Systems?

carladr
hace 7 años

We're building a new home. I'd appreciate any insights or experiences with these systems. They seem to both do about the same things - automate/control lighting, security, window shades, but what are your experiences with them? Thanks.

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    Complete Home ElectroniX
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Crestron is a high to higher system that is probably the best suited for larger homes (10000+ sqf ), commercial jobs, and large lighting, AV loads. Crestron typically requires extensive programming, making it potentially the most customizable and reliable system out there...

Control4 and Savant are mid to high end systems suited for large homes. Savant is based on Apple's design aesthetic and UI. Control4 is a publicly traded company with the most extensive native 3rd party integration. Savant has a dyi-ish system starting at $499, C4 systems start around $1000 per room give or take

Best advice when choosing a system is to choose the integrator you feel most comfortable with. All the systems are only as good as the installer and programmer. A good integrator will be familiar with and offer a complete system based on your lifestyle rather than a brand. Find and meet with a couple of local venders, explain to them your vision and expectations, then research their backgrounds

carladr agradeció a Complete Home ElectroniX
  • baileysr
    hace 7 años
    Complete Home Electronics, I agree completely with everything you said, especially the part about being comfortable with your installer and integrator company. With software upgrades, programming changes that you decide you want, and whatever glitches that come up, your relationship with the integrator is a long term one.
    carladr agradeció a baileysr
  • PRO
    Technology Concierge
    hace 7 años

I have to agree as well. I really comes down to the integrator! but I disagree with the statement that Crestron is "more expensive" we beat control4 and savant prices all the time! an install a better Crestron system.

• PRO
    ALL DIGITAL, LLC
    hace 7 años

Investing in a home automation system is not a one-time purchase. With the complexity of today's smart home systems, choosing the right integrator is the key! These systems are integrated with 3rd party products like AppleTVs, Cable boxes, etc.... All these components will require service at some point, regardless of the home automation system installed. I would focus on ongoing support, rather than the gear. Savant, Crestron, and Control4 are pretty much at the same level in the residential market regarding features and user interfaces (What the end user interacts with).

• PRO
    Harmonic Series
    hace 7 años

I have personally programmed and serviced many different types of home automation systems. I have also lived with a Crestron system (that broke). By far, Savant outperforms the rest overall. The fact that it is software based and easily upgradable saves future costs. The UI is also extremely attractive and easy to use. As far as costs go, programming takes 1/10th the time of Crestron so it should be less expensive on that front as well.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.