Houzz Logo Print
tigger61

Toilet Roll storage - what do you use?

tigger61
hace 7 años
última modificación:hace 6 años

I have 2 powder rooms, each containing a loo and a small handbasin, in my house. There is no storage for spare loo rolls and I dislike the ones that stand on the floor. What alternatives are there? What do others use?

Comentarios (26)

• Kym Harris
    hace 7 años
    I'm in a similar situation, and have unfortunately had to resort to small silver holders on the floor. Holds about 4 rolls. Once I get a vanity in my ensuite, I'll find room in that.
  • Tribbletrouble44152k7 Trek
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

There's a big cupboard in our toilet that we use for hardware storage, nails , hammers etc, and toilet paper.

• PRO
    Naarkaali Design Studio
    hace 7 años

You could try a wall mounted spare toilet roll holder like this one from Temple & Webster. They have a few on ebay as well.

http://www.templeandwebster.com.au/Virtu-Circit-Spare-Toilet-Paper-Holder-0963C-VIRT1028.html?refid=GPAAU447-VIRT1028&device=c&ptid=76074762660&gclid=COK8gcyQiM0CFYSVvQode1oKvw

• tigger61
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

That's one of the nicer ones I've seen, thanks for that.

• PRO
    Naarkaali Design Studio
    hace 7 años

No worries!!

• tigger61
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

jmm1837 wicker baskets are a good option too, thanks

hace 7 años

That is cool. Don't mount it at the same height as the toilet. Think about it.

• tigger61
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Shalini George Interiors have you seen anything similar to what you posted that hides the toilet rolls? Hubby doesn't like the loo paper to be seen, and i don't want something on the floor.....TIA :)

• tigger61
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Tribbletrouble44152k7 Trek Good point. I'm thinking it should sit slightly above the tiles skirting board - would you agree?

• PRO
    tigger61 agradeció a Naarkaali Design Studio
    hace 7 años

Sounds like a good plan.

• PRO
    Naarkaali Design Studio
    hace 7 años

Yes it would need to be installed a little higher than than the skirting

hace 7 años

Shalini, how do you find Fishpond in practise? I wasn't over the moon with them, and a friend had financial issues with them.

• tigger61
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Shalini George Interiors that is awesome and priced to match! Will be interested to see your response to Tribbletrouble44152k7 Trek question......

• PRO
    Naarkaali Design Studio
    hace 7 años

I haven't had any dealings with Fishpond so I am unable to comment. Sorry.

hace 7 años

You're left with online reviews then, Tigger, unless someone else here knows.

• bigreader
    hace 7 años
    I've ordered a few kid items from fishpond. No problems apart from slow delivery.
    hace 7 años

That was my problem too. It took weeks.

• janbhan
    hace 7 años

Kitchen roll holder takes 2-3 rolla (freestanding) maybe you could have a wall mounted one. Why does anyone want to hide the roll? Lets it all hang out.

• Vy
    hace 7 años

I have a metal magazine basket in one of our bathrooms just the right width and the rolls stack up beautifully

you can hang this one too mine is similar to this one

• janbhan
    hace 7 años

Now that's a good idea Vy. I love it. In my bathroom there isn't even room for a roll holder for one. .. and right now the cupboard is full of toiletries. Trying to get rid of the excess but Hubby is a pack rat, not happy unless we have six months supply in stock. Of everything. maybe a basket for the extra rolls would work.

• suzineedsahouse
    hace 7 años

I'm old school. They are in the linen cupboard. When one runs out I go and get another one. It seems to work...

• Vy
    hace 7 años

janbhan my goodness he's a worry wart lol I'm lucky our business is downstairs so whenever we need toilet paper , tissues, toothpaste we pop them on our account and bring them up to use..no more having to pop to the shops..I still buy toothpaste at the shops though..I find the pumps are less messier than the tubes..hubby can't get them in so we use tubes when we are out ..

• User
    hace 7 años
    Above the loo on floating shelves?
  • home lover
    hace 7 años
    @suzineedsahouse I agree! In the cupboard and get the next one when needed. I hate them stacked next to the toilet because if you could see the spread of urine when men go pee and the toilet is flushed if the lids not down you would also not want to store your new cleans rolls there.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.