Houzz Logo Print
emilyramirez5

Awkward living room/dining room. Need ideas!!

Emily Ramirez
hace 7 años
última modificación:hace 7 años

My husband and I just bought our first house and I am struggling with the living room/dining area. I feel like the room is somewhat small and the way the wood flooring is designed leaves an awkward space (see pictures) The furniture in the pictures is not ours so try to imagine the space empty! I want to do backless bar tools as well to take up less space, but am unsure how to fill up the rest of the space. I love entertaining guests and there is no dining room. What you see is all I have to work with

Comentarios (7)

• Emily Ramirez
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

*we would like to eventually extend the wood flooring

• auntthelma
    hace 7 años

Look for a table that expands so that in every day life, it is out of the way, but for parties, it is big enough.

• Emily Ramirez
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

auntthelma, yes that's what I was thinking as well, I'm just struggling to imagine it extended in that space.

• PRO
    Design 2 Homestaging by MGM
    hace 7 años

if you want a professional design, we offer "Room in a Box", please have a look at my service here: https://www.facebook.com/commerce/products/1158613967522597/ or on my website: http://www.propertystagesgroup.com/#!room-in-a-box/s63gk

• huntcm
    hace 7 años

You have room for 2 swivel bar stools, possibly a 42 or 48" round table and 4 chairs, plenty of seating for a small space. Place your tv on the wall opposite your bar with storage cabinet below. You can then float a sofa or sectional on a smaller rug and allow the wood showing as a walkway. Use a coffee table in front of your sofa. Place a small desk under the left window and use one of your chairs from your round table at it and the other chair next to the desk. Both could be pulled around to watch tv with a large group or put at the table for dinner.

• Katerine Staly
    hace 7 años
    You could try a simple banquette with armless chairs under the window in your breakfast nook. I think that would utilize that space most effectively. I also think a sectional would be the ideal couch for your living space. Too much furniture can make a small space feel tight and cluttered.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.