Houzz Logo Print
michele_duval8062

Rainfall showerhead for low water pressure from well

Michele Duval
hace 7 años

Can anyone share their experiences with rainfall shower heads that worked or didn't work in regards to low water pressure from well systems as opposed to city water? I'd like to have a rainfall showerhead but not sure if it will work or which may work.

Comentarios (15)

• leelee
    hace 7 años

The rainfall showers are nice but they seem to waste lots of water.

Michele Duval agradeció a leelee
  • smit2380
    hace 7 años

Have you used a rainfall shower head before? I had ways loved the idea of them until I used one for a few months. I hated it.

Michele Duval agradeció a smit2380
  • Michele Duval
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I have not and now I'm thinking maybe I don't want one...

• PRO
    Ellsworth Design Build
    hace 7 años
    I have two in my current house, one in my last house (so seven years of rain heads +_)

I wash my hair daily so that's not an issue. We have Moen rain heads that have channels for each hole, versus a watering can where it's just a drum with a bunch of holes in it. This keeps the pressure consistent and eliminates the long drip out.
    Michele Duval agradeció a Ellsworth Design Build
  • einportlandor
    hace 7 años

I don't have one, but I've used them in hotels. They're a nice feature but have their issues. I have a thick head of hair and found it takes forever to rinse shampoo out. It's also less than ideal if you just want a quick rinse (i.e. leave make-up on, no hair washing). They can feel wonderfully luxurious, although I suspect many little kids might not like the water coming down on their head. The best solution, IMO, is to have TWO shower heads -- one rainfall and one wall-mounted. My shower is tiny so I opted for a detachable, pole-mounted Grohe shower head. I love it! It's great for day-to-day showering, and perfect for rinsing feet, washing the dog, etc.

Michele Duval agradeció a einportlandor
  • hatetoshop
    hace 7 años

I have two shower heads, as mentioned by einportlandor. Love the rainfall shower head, but since I don't have water pressure issues, I'm not sure if it would be ideal in your situation.

Michele Duval agradeció a hatetoshop
  • Judy Mishkin
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

i have two as well, one on the ceiling and a hand held on a bar. i love the rainhead more than i ever dreamed, it simply drenches you in a way that a regular shower head never has.

i did use a wall mounted rain head at a hotel, it clearly had just been swapped in for a regular one. epic fail, the water has to come straight down to have the drench effect, i think.

i also have long thick hair and have no trouble rinsing out, but i certainly want the bar mounted one for when i want to wash sunscreen/bugspray off but not wash my hair.

oh, and this is on a well, no reason to believe we have more amazing pressure than the average well.

Michele Duval agradeció a Judy Mishkin
  • jhmarie
    hace 7 años

My neighbor dislikes her rainfall shower head. She says she can't rinse her long hair easily. However, her husband loves it. Definitely try one out first.

• mark1993
    hace 7 años

We love our oversized wall mounted rain shower head. We will definitely add one to our next build. Definitely recommend!!!

• km kane
    hace 7 años
    Wall mounted and ceiling mounted rain shower heads are very different. Definitely try one out before you go to the expense of installing one on the ceiling!
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 7 años

Might be fine as a second option in the shower, or you could just wait for a sprinkle outdoors. I hate them!!!. With low pressure, I'd be using a Speakman shower head with the flow restrictor pulled out. I yank it out of ANY shower head. I don't want a thirty minute rinsing "event" or even less than an invigorating shower. That's what the bath tub is for. JMHO : )

• PRO
    Choice Kitchen and Bath Inc.
    hace 7 años
    Delta has a while line of pressure assist valves to help with water pressure. check out there website. deltafaucet com. it may require you changing your mixer but it will solve the problem
    Michele Duval agradeció a Choice Kitchen and Bath Inc.
  • User
    hace 7 años

Low well pressure will have issues with any plumbing fixture you install. Fix the problem. You need a new pressure tank.

• Michele Duval
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I don't need a new pressure tank.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.