Houzz Logo Print
texsheva

How to hide a metal bedframe and box springs without a bedskirt?

texsheva
hace 7 años

I have a king size iron bed that I really like, but I HATE having to have a bedskirt to hide the metal frame and box springs. I like the ease of changing sheets without a bedskirt getting caught up in it all, but then the box springs and frame on the side show because on one makes a long or wide enough quilt or comforter to hide that, with the new thicker mattresses, and then it looks ugly. Has this bothered anyone else and is there a solution??? HELP!

Comentarios (16)

• acm
    hace 7 años

You could put a fitted sheet over the box springs, but that doesn't help with the frame. Is it an iron frame (which might look neat) or just a functional spanner (which isn't too cute)?

texsheva agradeció a acm
  • texsheva
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

acm....it's just a functional spanner, but

the frame doesn't bother me as much as the box springs, except for the feet of the bed. . I'd thought about the fitted sheet, but it's SO hard to find sheets separately today. You used to be able to buy just a fitted sheet or flat sheet, now they're mainly sold in sets. Thanks for your input.

• Judy Mishkin
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

bed bath and beyond sells them separately and they'll ship to a store if they are out of what you want. i'd not worry about matching your existing sheets, go with whatever solid will just disappear, could be dark or beige for your floor.

texsheva agradeció a Judy Mishkin
  • hatetoshop
    hace 7 años

Google "box spring cover" as they are available from many retailers. Like your comforter/duvet cover.

texsheva agradeció a hatetoshop
  • einportlandor
    hace 7 años

Agree with the box spring cover -- I've seen them online. Another thought is to look for a bedspread rather than a comforter. Be sure to check dimensions, but in my experience bedspreads, unlike comforters, are often designed to reach the floor.

texsheva agradeció a einportlandor
  • texsheva
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thank you all...I'll be looking for the box spring cover in a neutral. But then I've got those ugly supports. ugh. Might just make my own bedskirt and use upholstery pins to tack it to the box spring.....and use drapery weights so perhaps it'll hang better and not get caught up in the sheets when I change them!

• texsheva
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

BeverlyFLADeziner....this my just be the answer I need and I had JUST seen them on Amazon not 5 minutes ago! Thank you.....

• texsheva
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Oops....the easy fit bedskirts are a great idea....but they don't have split corners for the frame. :-(

• greenyogini
    hace 7 años

I have a similar issue with an oddly-sized vintage bed and frame. I went with a fitted sheet (sold separately at Target) in brown over the box spring, and it blends in nicely with the wood tone. Such a simple and inexpensive solution, but I hadn't thought of it before a few helpful Houzzers mentioned it! :D

texsheva agradeció a greenyogini
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años
  • Janet B
    hace 6 años
    I see this is an old post, but if you are still interested.... I know pottery barn sells sheets as sets and separately, at least they did last time I was in a store. If you wanted a box spring cover to match your sheets, you could buy the set, then extra fitted sheet to match to cover box spring.
  • Stony Apotheosis
    hace 6 años

I used the top sheet, instead of the fitted sheet.. as a bed skirt.

con: changing to match the bed sheet every time

If you use a white top sheet you would rarely need to change it

• Gerry C
    hace 6 años
    I used a fitted sheet over the box spring, but it was not deep enough to also wrap around the frame also, to hide it. I think an extra deep fitted sheet would have accomplished that. A flat sheet is also a great idea.

I like to get comforters or coverlets the next size up so there is enough drop on both sides, and end. Easy to do with a queen, use a king. We will be gettig a king, so I will be figuring out how to upsize from a king.

Great ideas above, thanks.
  • Usuario de Houzz-906902272
    hace 3 años

A itchy dust gets on bottompart of mattress. If HOUZZ would of sold me what HOUZZ AD described - (VINYL COVERED MATTRESS) VINYL COVERING ONLY. ON TOP OF MATRESS--"NO "VINYL COVERING ON BOTTOM SIDE OF MATTRESS

HOUZZ AD SAYS VINYL COVERED MATTRESS. WIPING DUST OFF OF VINYL WAS THE PLAN. NOT OFF OF CLOTH MATERIAL COVERING - WHICH IS ON BOTTOM. OF MATTRESS SOLD TO ME . FALSE ADVERTISMENT OF "HOUZZ". IM very disappointed. Only had msttress for 45 days or. Less. Please

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.