Houzz Logo Print
pbcub2015

Lost on choosing a rug!

pbcub2015
hace 7 años
Can anyone please give me advice on a rug that would look good in this room? Chocolate colored loveseat, sand colored sofa...coffee, end and console tables will all be painted/distressed a coordinating color after I find a rug. I am trying to make this room look as light as possible with the furniture I currently have. I am stumped on how to pull together the grey walls, golden oak floors, mantle, and built-ins and brown/tan furniture.

Comentarios (16)

• elainesteinke
    hace 7 años

Residential Work · Más información
    I would consider keeping the rug neutral and then accent the space with more dramatic accessories. The African, kuba cloth style in this pic goes well with both the tan, brown, grey colours you have.
    Palmer Pointe Road Residence 2 Lower-Level Family Room · Más información
    This space, with the grey rug should also work for your space, and I like the gold accent and black and white again of the accessories.
    Bachelor Pad · Más información
    This space is ore moody with the subtle stripe rug and darker graphic art work.
    FALSE CREEK CONDO · Más información
    As I look more at your accessories, I see lighter drapes, cushions, sail boat pic and you might also consider lightening the space with more white accessories, and here the light grey rug lends more to that theme than the beige rug would.

• Elle
    hace 7 años

I would suggest a rug that has a white/cream background and includes a little gray to complement the walls and some blue to complement the fireplace art and pillow.

• pbcub2015
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Elainesteinke-I love the first rug you posted, and also the last inspiration photo. I am trying for a clean, light look and I always lean towards "beach-y" accessories. I am nervous about how my sand colored sofa would look on a solid grey rug? Would a large striped rug look okay?
  • pbcub2015
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Elle-this isn't available anymore, but would something similar look okay? I would love to incorporate the cream, grey, and blue...what style of rug would you recommend?
  • pbcub2015
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Bump
  • everdebz
    hace 7 años

Luminous Area Rug, Rectangle, Blue Gray-Silver Blue, 5'x8' · Más información

• everdebz
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Maybe rug with color and you might leave coffee table as it is - would you say it'd blend with chocolate?

Not sure you want all 3 tables to be renewed exactly the same...

Holden Mackenzie Area Rug, Rectangle, Teal-Beige, 7'6"x9'6" · Más información

• everdebz
    hace 7 años

this has more colors too... it wouldn't post the ivory/grey version -click MORE INFO.

Bowery Area Rug, Rectangle, Brown-Green, 5'2"x7'4" · Más información

• PRO
    InsideWright
    hace 7 años

I would recommend a large rug that has a bit of sand and coffee in it to tie the furniture together. A refined pattern would be nice ... take a look at Restoration Hardware's Gala rug in white/natural. With the color of the couches spreading across the floor, the wood tones that flank the seating area will pull together, making the room feel more cohesive. The Gala rug in white/natural will also work well with your curtains and, from what I can tell from your pictures, it will look great with your wall color (request a sample). I'd also hang the painting on the wall and put some alabaster accessories on the mantle, clearing the bottom of the painting. When I say large rug, I mean large! Have it extend a couple inches beyond the back of the couch, and 2-3" from the hearth. I see you have a console table behind the brown chair, have the rug wide enough that the console sits on it completely. https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod6443232&categoryId=cat7070026

• PRO
    The Persian Carpet
    hace 7 años

6 X 9, 8 X 10 or 9 x 12?

This is about as easy as falling off a log.

• pbcub2015
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    I love the RH rug but it is a little expensive for my budget currently. I will start looking for something similar! I believe I will need a 9x12 for it to extend past the furniture.
  • pbcub2015
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Oh and I will definitely hang the painting. This room has become a catch-all as we've been unpacking and I wanted to make sure I liked things in certain spots before I put holes in the wall!
  • Stacey
    hace 7 años
    Try RugsUSA.com. They have free shipping and are always having great sales.
  • havingfun
    hace 7 años

esalerugs are my go to.

Calla Mosaic Rugs | Pier 1 Imports · Más información

Rugs | eSaleRugs · Más información

8 5 Area Rugs | Rugs Direct · Más información

Wade Logan Bancroft Gold Ikat Area Rug | AllModern · Más información

• PRO
    Nicola Interiors
    hace 7 años

Perhaps sharing some images from our portfolio would be helpful here? Notice the rug, the color of the pillows (blue), accessories (lamps and side tables), and how it all ties into the art.

Luxury Lorne Park Reno · Más información

Luxury Lorne Park Reno · Más información

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.