Houzz Logo Print
aly25son

Please help! I've taken 50 shades of gray to a whole new level!

Allison
hace 11 años
Looking to paint my bedroom a shade of gray. We get a lot of sunlight so want to make sure the color doesnt get lost..lasso what would u suggest for blinds? I have to make quick decisions and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing:( thanks!

Comentarios (297)

• Nancy Travisinteriors
    hace 11 años
    Top left and if you want a accent wall behind bed the darker one right below it. Trim in white. Also panels in very white. Accents in silver and black and white prints as art.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    hace 11 años
    Bedding should be a print with black and shades of gray. Lots of pillows.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    hace 11 años
    On window white panels with black rod lowes or Home Depot, make sure they go to floor lowes have nice pleated blinds they have in stock and will cut for free. Measure size inside window.
  • Aja Mazin
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    Susan Jacobs,

Posting the same question twice is not the way to get attention.

It only causes confusion.

Please do not pot a 3rd time with gray in the title.
    LOL
  • PRO
    Chaun Miller Design & Construction
    hace 11 años
    I like the darker grey, it gives the room a more intensity.
  • Debra Gunstanson
    hace 11 años
    I can't find the # off the paint can used valspare because it has a primer to
  • LINDA mccaughey45@gmail.com
    hace 11 años
    wow! what a lot of info!! the minute i saw your "wall swatches", i said "second row, second from left". always go strong and deep--much richer looking and more character! be sure that your trim is purest white--wonderfully crisp! i see the final pic above shows that, on the right.
  • dylan7gig
    hace 11 años
    i like @debras pictures... very nice colors rich is good
  • Allison
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    THANK U EVERYONE! I decided to go with stonginton gray by BM. I wanted smthg that was light to med and didn't have a blue or brown hue, this is soft and no undertones..if that's even right way to say it. I have to keep bedding so I think this works. Might do roman shades but not sure what color yet. And for my interior of rest of house I going w chocolate froth by behrs..it's on same pallete as wheat bread which is in my den and will flow nicely. The color is a whiteish brownish taupe and I think will look rich and a touch sophisticated w the dark couch and media stand...thx for ur time and patience lol..work starts tmrw! I also getting all new doors and moldings etc!
  • Wendy Steen
    hace 11 años
    Would LOVE to see pics when you have completed it?!
    Good Luck!
  • Allison
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    I will def take pics! Too bad rest of room sucks, paint is under alot of pressure to make things look good lol!
  • dylan7gig
    hace 11 años
    good luck ... cant wait to see pictures
  • Patricia Vivian
    hace 11 años
    That was me this summer! Ended up painting one wall prison grey VERY depressing!!! Im trying other colors now, maybe blush, i thought grey would me very New York City chic, well its not its cement grey!!! Good luck, i think you like calm neutrals like me, a soft pale grey with pink undertones is nicest i think for a bedroom, with a lot of white and some splashes of color if u feel like it!
  • Susan Jacobs
    hace 11 años
    haha, Prison grey. Is that on the Benjamin Moore fan deck?
  • Patricia Vivian
    hace 11 años
    Im serious look! I live in Beirut we dont have that make here, anyway grey is grey no matter what make! Depressing and a dead color :(
  • PRO
    Debra Gunstanson
    hace 11 años
    I'm sorry u fell that way u can put teal red green blue and mustard yellow with it
  • orangecamera
    hace 11 años
    Alcatraz Gray, Sing Sing Gray, Rikers Island Gray. Makes me wonder if there's an "official" prison gray, hmmm,

Q: What color should I paint the highest level of the prison?
    A: ATTICa Gray!
  • PRO
    Debra Gunstanson
    hace 11 años
    I can see the grey is getting to u the pics u posted look tan charcole grey for accent wall then just keep going lighter for walls and ceiling I am not where I can get names here but silver and black also look good with it I do know we used valspare paint
  • PRO
    Debra Gunstanson
    hace 11 años
    Try these grey metropolis BM cc 546/. Rock port grey BM hc 105/. Twilight grey sw 0054/. Calling wood BM oc 28 they are beautiful grey's hope this helps
  • laurakdesigns
    hace 11 años
    I used BM Edgecomb Gray in a Master BR with lots of light. More people asked what color it was as it changed with the lighting & time of day plus looked amazing with the white trim. It's a lighter warm gray-- soothing and would give you a neutral background. (My furniture is dark too)
  • jandority
    hace 11 años
    Patricia, if you are still interacting...you mentioned a light grey with pink undertones...do you have a name?? I'm painting by maroon red walls. Thanks
  • Allison
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Debra I have that bowl from pier 1!!' Just posted in my latest design dilemma post lol!!!
  • Patricia Vivian
    hace 11 años
    Jadority hi! The only paint i use here is Dulux, my apt was painted Egyptian Cotton, heres a pic of a wall!
  • jandority
    hace 11 años
    Patricia, where is "here"? Love the name Egyptian Cotton, don't know DULUX.
  • Patricia Vivian
    hace 11 años
    Lebanon!
  • lovemcm
    hace 11 años
    Patricia, I know someone who is teaching at the American University in Beirut. Are you there?
  • PRO
    Helga Simmons Interior Design LLC
    hace 11 años
    Sorry, I was not available for the last couple of days. Really, you know someone teaching at the American University?
  • latifeh hammad
    hace 11 años
    Watch out with gray some of the hues turn to pink and mauve in different lights
  • jandority
    hace 11 años
    Latifeh, do you happen to know the names of these hues....I'm painting off dark red and think it may work to have that back color. thanks
  • Lauras2dolist
    hace 11 años
    If you don't like the color of your gray at night...change the light bulbs. I went thru 11 colors only to realize later after finishing the room- bedding and all that the light bulbs were making everything I had bought before green. Light bulbs make a huge difference in how everything will look. Check the LRV light reflective value on your paint also. The higher the number, the more it will reflect or pick up on other things in the room.
  • lovemcm
    hace 11 años
    @Helga Simmons, yes a friend from Rhode Island is teaching art there.
  • PRO
    Debra Gunstanson
    hace 11 años
    U can put so many colors with grey it is a great color
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    lovemcm, how long has your friend been there, and how long will he (or she) be there? Beirut is lovely, very avant garde.
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    aly25son, I have been away from the discussion, have you been able to solve your problem?
  • lovemcm
    hace 11 años
    @Helga Simmons, she has been there for a year, married someone from there, so her stay at this point is indefinite. Did I understand you to say you are there, also?
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    lovemcm, - no, I am not in Beirut, I live in Washington State. I lived in Beirut for 14 years. I loved it. I had to leave because of the war.
  • lovemcm
    hace 11 años
    Helga, the war was devastating to a city which was often called the Paris of the East...
  • PRO
    hace 11 años
    I know. So sad. Good night.
  • gizmo61151
    hace 11 años
    sorry but if you cant decide maybe down deep your room doesnt want to be grey. why not try other nutral colors in a matte finish
  • PRO
    Debra Gunstanson
    hace 11 años
    What I used was more silver grey : my bedroom will be with a black and white antiquing with some grey silver tones I'm buying a silver comforter with a few red and of course grey I don't know if u have noticed but grey is in almost every one fro houzz post:)
  • snwllms1
    hace 11 años
    Dina coebel what color is your bed comforter With the marble?
  • pmanastasia
    hace 11 años
    Just painted my master bedroom and bathroom Benjamin Moore Silver Gray. I am very pleased with it.
  • Allison
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Take a pic, I want to see what I missed out on lol!!
  • 4carolina
    hace 11 años
    I recently painted a room in my house Revere Pewter by BMoore. It's such a neutral grey. I love it! Good luck!
  • Allison
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Post pic!
  • mmcarducci
    hace 9 años
    I painted mine la Paloma gray by BM... Love it!!
  • edithsmom
    hace 9 años
    OLD POST
  • rterbeek
    hace 9 años

Good grief, just read through a lot of this and now there aren't any final pictures. It's like reading a novel and the ending of the story got left out!

• skiwasser
    hace 9 años
    I too love BM Revere Pewter, but it went way too light in the guest room due to lots of natural light. It is the perfect griege in a powder room and wine room, with only artificial light. I switched to Cape Hatteras Sand (also BM) for our master and love it. Works really well with dark wood. That room also gets a lot of natural light, so I went darker and love it. It looks to have a lot more brown in it on the chip, but you need to try it your walls. Good Luck!
  • judrand05
    hace 6 años

Because your dresser is a dark brown traditional/transitional style, I think something more on the med-light to darker beigy-gray side, because lighter or true gray may be too contemporary and cool for your furnishings. For instance, the first and second samples in the bottom row would look beautiful, depending if you want a lighter, airier bedroom or a more seductive darker one.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.