Houzz Logo Print
webuser_13382949

Dealing with bad window design

Jr. Chism
hace 7 años

This is the front of our house. We want to paint and do some overall design changes, but the big issue is our front windows. The brick frame is pretty terrible and we need to find an affordable way to deal with it. What would be your most cost-effective suggestions? We were thinking of stuccoing over them, but the come out about half an inch from the house--not sure that if that creates a problem. Any thoughts?

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Adrian S. Cutchshaw Architectural Design+Build
    hace 7 años

Can you post a picture?

Jr. Chism agradeció a Adrian S. Cutchshaw Architectural Design+Build
  • Jr. Chism
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Hmmm... I posted a pic before but it isn't showing up. Hopefully it will work this time!

• Jenn Nelson
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I would paint the upper brick the color of the house (to camouflage it) and invest in a type of shutter that would work best with your house style. The lower brick may be hidden by another type of design feature like a heavy wooden sill or window box. Thin stucco or stone veneer over the side may look nicer but could get pricey.

Jr. Chism agradeció a Jenn Nelson
  • Jr. Chism
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Ugh. I am not a fan of shutters and we were planning on mid-century modern, but you may be right. Thank you for the ideas, Jenn Nelson. These are good options. Maybe there are some nice shutters and window boxes out there... and, honestly, our house is so *tall* window boxes may actually be just the thing we need.

• Sigrid
    hace 7 años

I'd paint the brick a color not too far from the stucco. I wouldn't do window boxes or shutters, but put some shrubs or a vine below the window. Put a specimen tree in your yard.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.