Houzz Logo Print
mrsjengreene

SW trim color for accessible beige

mrsjengreene
hace 8 años
I am renovating an older home and having trouble with interior trim and ceiling color. All walls will be accessible beige. Kitchen cabinet color is close to SW alabaster or Dover white, but bathroom cabinets are more like extra white. Trying to find a SW trim color that flows throughout. Would Pure White be a good choice?
Ceilings are 8ft and I want them to feel higher. I am considering ceiling bright white or using same as trim color.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comentarios (9)

• Brandi Nash Hicks
    hace 8 años
    Use the same color as the cabinets that are the lightest so the tone works
  • llbalga
    hace 7 años

I did Westhighland White cabinets, Accessible Beige walls (which really came out more greenish than beige), pure white for trim and ceiling. I did an accent wall in Behr's Wild Truffle which I love, but wouldn't necessarily say it is perfect for Accessible Beige, but whatever.

• Amyzing
    hace 7 años

I used SW Accessible Beige for my 1st floor hallway and entry and SW Eider White for the trim.

• Nancy Marra
    hace 5 años
    Hey I know this is an old post, but would you mind sharing some photos of your kitchen? I’m currently in the process of renovating mine and am considering accessible beige walls. Our cabinets are white dove and my granite is very similar to yours. I’d like to see it all together!
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 5 años
    In case there are folks here wondering about the off whites posted here, i have looked at the color numbers and here are results from whitest to white with most color.
    1-(lightest-brightest) SW Extra White - .32 chroma (C) 86 LRV.
    2-SW Pure White .44 C 84 LRV.
    3-SW Snowbound .44 C 83 LRV. The difference between Pure White and Snowbound is in their hue angle. Pure White has hue angle of 107 which is in yellow family but getting close to green yellow family. Cool side. Snowbound has hue angle of 96. That is solidly in yellow family. Cool. So very close.
    4-SW Alabaster .66 C (the higher this number the more color in tint) LRV 82 (100 being most reflective of light). 100 hue angle which is yellow Cool family.
    5-SW Westhighland White .79 C LRV 86, hue angle 100 yellow cool family.
    6-SW Dover White .97 C 83 LRV 99 hue angle yellow cool family.
    I hope that is helpful info for future reference.
    To be safe, match woodwork to most prominent other white in your space. I wouldn’t worry much about bathrooms. You can offset in smaller bathrooms with other colors.
    If you want white ceilings use SW Ceiling White it is formulated to be easier to apply to ceilings. Alternatively, use same color as trim but flat finish. Use satin or semi-gloss finish for trim. They will visually look slightly different due to finish.
  • PRO
    You're Unique, LLC
    hace 5 años

In regards to the post above, yellow cool family? I thought yellow was warm?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 5 años
    Your unique. The Color Strategist Color Wheel defines cool and warm segments of each Hue Family.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 5 años
    If you can zoom in on this picture, each Hue Angle has warm and cool areas.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.