maykke

What bathtub shape to choose?

Maykke
hace 3 años
última modificación:hace 3 años

It’s tub time! When it comes to the shape of a bathtub, rectangular is still the most popular choice. It saves space and is easy to install. A lot of tub manufacturers are offering a variety of tub shapes now. So, what bathtub shape would you choose if you were to update your current bathtub?

(Image: Maykke)

MAYKKE Vale Modern Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub, White, 53" · Más información
MAYKKE Alsen Modern Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub, White, 59" · Más información

MAYKKE Barnet Modern Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub, White, 61" · Más información

MAYKKE Castile Modern Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub, White, 71" · Más información

Round
Rectangular
Oval
Other

Comentarios (12)

• Jennifer K

None! We're getting rid of our tub and I won't miss it a bit.

Maykke agradeció a Jennifer K
  • PRO
    Maykke

@jennifer K Why? What happened to your tub?

• Alan McGoldrick

love the freestanding round!!!

Maykke agradeció a Alan McGoldrick
  • PRO
    Home-Staging und ReDesign by MGM

The oval one gives your back a better support, unless you want to sit upright....

Maykke agradeció a Home-Staging und ReDesign by MGM
  • Barbara Simpson
    I like the Oval. the one marked other looks like a futuristic casket (but I have a bizarre imagination).
    Maykke agradeció a Barbara Simpson
  • myownstyle13

I would want one with a more angled short side. These look all uncomfortable to me.

Maykke agradeció a myownstyle13
  • rollinggirl

I like the oval it looks like you could lay back and relax in it. I've never seen a round tub before, I didn't even know that was a thing. Intriguing.

Maykke agradeció a rollinggirl
  • Bev

Once we get rid of our bathtub, I do not want another one! I also do not like this new style of bathtub!

Maykke agradeció a Bev
  • Jennifer K

@Maykke, nothing has happened to it ... yet. I just don't like tubs. I spent a year living where a tub and no shower was all I had and I hated it (and that was 20 years ago!). If I never take another bath it will be too soon.

So when we redo the bathroom next year-ish, we'll be removing the tub and installing a nice big barrier-free shower. I can't wait!

Maykke agradeció a Jennifer K
  • Mia Ghordlo
    for a moment there, I thought the round tub was an extra large sink!!
    Maykke agradeció a Mia Ghordlo
  • tooky58

I don't have a tub currently, but we're putting one in & I cannot stand the wait. I'll take a bath at least 4 times a week. Give me a good book and I'm gone. Plus, it really helps on the nights that even with my (prescription) drugs I'm still too miserable to sleep, soaking in a hot bath really helps.

Maykke agradeció a tooky58
  • kathleen MK
    no corner triangle ones? I think we could pull out our oval cultured marble garden tub and use a corner tub to make room for a shower. It could open to tub so the tub ledge was a shower seat. While the floor space wouldn't be much more than our 2x2 shower stall it would have more elbow room.
    Maykke agradeció a kathleen MK
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Al continuar en este sitio o utilizar esta aplicación, acepto que el grupo Houzz pueda utilizar cookies y tecnologías similares para mejorar sus productos y servicios, ofrecerme contenido relevante y personalizar mi experiencia. Saber más.