Houzz Logo Print
maykke

What bathtub shape to choose?

Maykke
hace 8 años
última modificación:hace 8 años

It’s tub time! When it comes to the shape of a bathtub, rectangular is still the most popular choice. It saves space and is easy to install. A lot of tub manufacturers are offering a variety of tub shapes now. So, what bathtub shape would you choose if you were to update your current bathtub?

(Image: Maykke)

MAYKKE Vale Modern Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub, White, 53" · Más información
MAYKKE Alsen Modern Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub, White, 59" · Más información

MAYKKE Barnet Modern Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub, White, 61" · Más información

MAYKKE Castile Modern Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub, White, 71" · Más información

Round
Rectangular
Oval
Other

Comentarios (12)

• Jennifer K
    hace 8 años

None! We're getting rid of our tub and I won't miss it a bit.

Maykke agradeció a Jennifer K
  • PRO
    Maykke
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

@jennifer K Why? What happened to your tub?

• Alan McGoldrick
    hace 8 años

love the freestanding round!!!

Maykke agradeció a Alan McGoldrick
  • PRO
    Design 2 Homestaging by MGM
    hace 8 años

The oval one gives your back a better support, unless you want to sit upright....

Maykke agradeció a Design 2 Homestaging by MGM
  • Barbara Simpson
    hace 8 años
    I like the Oval. the one marked other looks like a futuristic casket (but I have a bizarre imagination).
    Maykke agradeció a Barbara Simpson
  • myownstyle13
    hace 8 años

I would want one with a more angled short side. These look all uncomfortable to me.

Maykke agradeció a myownstyle13
  • User
    hace 8 años

I like the oval it looks like you could lay back and relax in it. I've never seen a round tub before, I didn't even know that was a thing. Intriguing.

Maykke agradeció a User
  • Bev
    hace 8 años

Once we get rid of our bathtub, I do not want another one! I also do not like this new style of bathtub!

Maykke agradeció a Bev
  • Jennifer K
    hace 8 años

@Maykke, nothing has happened to it ... yet. I just don't like tubs. I spent a year living where a tub and no shower was all I had and I hated it (and that was 20 years ago!). If I never take another bath it will be too soon.

So when we redo the bathroom next year-ish, we'll be removing the tub and installing a nice big barrier-free shower. I can't wait!

Maykke agradeció a Jennifer K
  • tooky58
    hace 8 años

I don't have a tub currently, but we're putting one in & I cannot stand the wait. I'll take a bath at least 4 times a week. Give me a good book and I'm gone. Plus, it really helps on the nights that even with my (prescription) drugs I'm still too miserable to sleep, soaking in a hot bath really helps.

Maykke agradeció a tooky58
  • kathleen MK
    hace 8 años
    no corner triangle ones? I think we could pull out our oval cultured marble garden tub and use a corner tub to make room for a shower. It could open to tub so the tub ledge was a shower seat. While the floor space wouldn't be much more than our 2x2 shower stall it would have more elbow room.
    Maykke agradeció a kathleen MK
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.