Houzz Logo Print
miixhelle139

Need help picking an exterior paint

Michelle Day
hace 8 años

My fiance and I are having trouble picking an exterior color with our house we are building. We do not like anything too brown or too bland. We are going for a contemporary/industrial inside.

Thanks for your help!

Comentarios (10)

• Bev
    hace 8 años

It looks like you have some reddish orange (Terracotta color) in the stone. That would look great on your style of house.

Michelle Day agradeció a Bev
  • Michelle Day
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

I have done that to no avail

• PRO
    Judi Summers Design
    hace 8 años

Hi

Your lovely stone siding will show you the way! From a paint palette, find all of the colors that are in the stones. Print a photo of your house, then superimpose the colors on the "non" stone side and you'll quickly find which color blends best.

Much easier than making a big expensive mistake.

Good luck!

• PRO
    Judi Summers Design
    hace 8 años

And I'm leaning toward the color of the grout within the stones.. it looks neutral which is always best. Don't go dark on this.

Michelle Day agradeció a Judi Summers Design
  • User
    hace 8 años

I think a green could also work with red window trim.

Wooded Highlands · Más información

• Rusty Empire
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Brown/umber tones look great with the stone, but since you don't want brown then caramel/gold or greige tones are another option. But do consider having the portico roof (and the less than attractive pork chop eave return) redone by a more skilled carpenter. Particularly the portico - it has not been well executed here.

http://www.builderonline.com/photos/alternatives-to-the-pork-chop-eave-return

• emmarene9
    hace 8 años

I agree on matching the grout color. I also think navy blue would be nice.

• Irene Morresey
    hace 8 años
    Some ideas, BM Gray cashmere, last pic
  • Andrea H
    hace 8 años
    Ox blood red is traditionally used with stone, yellow brick, and mustard yellow siding. You can see historical examples in Canada from Southern Ontario to the East coast and in the north eastern US.

Sage green can also be used.

My neighbour has a mid century back split in yellow brick and siding. He stripped the siding back to the original old cedar boards and stained it a cherry colour to match a mid century door with asymmetrical side light. Looks great. Natural materials.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.