Houzz Logo Print
jandmsaab

Exterior door handles

We are building a craftsman house with a plaza entry ("L shaped driveway)..I was planning on Black or ORB front door handle, & wall sconces and carriage type garage doors..
I assume the entry door into garage should match being they are all seen from the front? However is it ok to do silver handles on all doors on the back which, lead to the porch areas or should they match? Which leads to my next delima--can all the outside doors have black handles (even though all the back doors will be seen from the main living area) is it then ok to have silver on the remaining interior doors? Can you buy handles that are black on one side & silver on the other?

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Ellsworth Design Build
    hace 8 años
    Brands like enter and Baldwin let you mix and match finishes which sounds like what you are looking for.
  • PRO
    Glenview Doors
    hace 8 años

Yes, many door hardware brands will allow you to order a "split" finish, where exterior side and interior are different. On the other hand, we think it is OK for a front door to have a different set/color hardware to other hardware in the space. Best of luck on your project!

• Jerrod & Michelle Saab
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Are there any other door brands that split? As far as interior doors do you just buy operate handles for front/back? ..I have so much to learn.. : /
  • PRO
    Ellsworth Design Build
    hace 8 años

It will only be better brands, and not a big box thing. Your best bet is head to your local lumber yard as they will usually have them on display and can walk you through the ordering process. You will need to know the thickness and backset of all your doors before you purchase, as well as the handing.

• PRO
    Glenview Doors
    hace 8 años

Emtek and Baldwin are the two to start with. Best regards.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.