Houzz Logo Print
xochitl74

need help with window treatments!

Xochitl
hace 8 años
última modificación:hace 8 años

We have 5 windows in our living room that we put up/down romans shades on when we moved in, with which I was very happy. We replaced 2 of the windows and bought new roman shades for them. Before the shades arrived, we went ahead and ordered replacement windows for the remaining 3. Well, the new roman shades arrived and they are awful - besides rife with defects, they now look more like boat sails than shades. Whereas our old shades, from same company, had one center string, these new shades, on a much smaller window, have two center strings in addition to the two outside ones.

The company is willing to replace the defective shades with another kind and we were considering cordless honeycomb shades in up/down, but then I realized we would have a problem with the 3 replacement windows we just ordered. Instead of being double hung, like the two on the side, we are getting fixed panes on bottom with awnings on top. I am attaching pictures of sidelights that we have that are the same set-up, fixed pane on bottom, awning on top. The problem is there is no room to do an interior mount on the awning. So my options now are to do honeycomb only on the fixed pane and a separate treatment on awning, or have interior mount on two double hung windows and exterior mount with a spacer on the 3 new windows.

Can I do honeycomb shades on bottom and a curtain on the awning? or would interior mounting on 2 windows and exterior with spacer on the 3 others look okay?

Pictures below

Comentarios (5)

• Xochitl
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

roman shades with strings

these sidelights will look very similar to new windows, fixed pane on bottom and awning on top

awning has screen on inside, so no room for inside mount

• Xochitl
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Desperate for some advice
  • PRO
    Smith & Noble
    hace 8 años

We noticed you had issues with our shades after a comment left on another thread. We’re very sorry to hear about your poor experience. These shades are absolutely not our typical level of quality at Smith & Noble, and that’s not acceptable. Please email us at care@smithnoble.com so we may make it right.

• Xochitl
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Smith & Noble I appreciate you getting back to me about this. In the end, the dilemma was resolved to my satisfaction, but I do think there is still an issue with the fact that there are no specs on the website in regards to the roman shades. Even the person who came out to measure initially and then returned to look at the shades after the defects came to light was unable to say what was standard on the shades. It took her a day to find out correct specs.

On the right side of the shade there are two cords, as opposed to just one on left. I'm still unclear as to whether this is standard, as the person who measured said it was not and the Quality Assurance Expert said it was. Cleary, specs would be helpful.

above is photo of two cords hanging from right side - correct or not?

• PRO
    Smith & Noble
    hace 8 años

Xochitl, thank you for providing us with the
    opportunity to make this right and greatly apologize for the conflicting
    information you have been provided. As you may be aware, we do not provide
    specs on our site as all our treatments are custom and adjusted to each unique
    window. We have confirmed our professional will visit your home to review the
    measurements and ensure the specs are corrected and customized to your window.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.