Houzz Logo Print
magsmayers

Question about drapery rings

magsmayers
hace 8 años

You guys have been so helpful! Hopefully you don't mind helping me figure out one last little detail for my drapes. If I'm going with a 1.5 inch rod, what size drapery rings do I need? I have found both 1.75 inch and 2.25 inch rings. Also, how many rings per panel? Each panel will be about 20 inches when pleated. I don't know if it matters, but we are doing a cartridge pleat. Thank you so much!

Comentarios (7)

• btydrvn
    hace 8 años
    Go to photos and look at " draperies with cartridge pleats" ...lots of pictures featuring rod size and ring size...
  • Judy Mishkin
    hace 8 años

if you go to countrycurtains.com you can see their rod sizes and the rings they've paired with them. i like their rings, they have silicon linings and slide quieter than the ones from pottery barn.

standard purchased panels have 7 rings per 50" panel.

• PRO
    Rockwood Shutters
    hace 8 años

When looking for drapery rings to fit your pole make sure they are giving you the interior dimension. That way you know if it will fit on the rod. If the sizes you mentioned earlier are the interior dimension then I would go with the larger ring size. It looks better if the rings have a little "breathing" room.

Most 1 width panels are 20" wide when pleated due to the 2.5x fullness. Cartridge pleat is usually more like 3x fullness because of how it is sewn. This usually needs 7 rings per panel.

Remember the outer most pin hooks are suppose to be returned back to the wall and not be connected to a ring. I can share a photo if you would like to see it.

• magsmayers
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    @rockwood shutter, I would love to see a photo! Thank you for your help.
  • btydrvn
    hace 8 años
    Very interesting detail...altho I wonder if these will work well with a curtain that will be opened and closed by hand frequently
  • PRO
    Rockwood Shutters
    hace 8 años

Yes. Actually that was why it is done. One ring goes on the outside of the bracket (between the bracket and finial) and then the last pin hook returns to the wall. These two things together ensure the drapery stays in place when it is opened and closed. The return back to the wall also helps block out as much light as possible from coming inside.

The return on custom drapery is still done even with stationary panels because of tradition.

Thanks!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.