Houzz Logo Print
kirkfanelli

How was this fireplace was constructed

L&K Const
hace 11 años
How did they build this fireplace . Love the exposed concrete board look. How to build?
Down to Earth · Más información

Comentarios (7)

• Katherine Hillbrand
    hace 11 años
    The fireplace is a full masonry, site built fireplace. Details by Jason Aune of LHB in Minneapolis.
  • PRO
    Peterson Masonry Design
    hace 11 años
    That is a beautiful piece by Jason! A rich mixture of concrete is key as well as a lot of wrapping and vibrating of the form to settle into the grain. To really have the grain show through the boards can be blasted to get more relief.
  • PRO
    Hillbrand Woodworking, LLC
    hace 11 años
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will consider it the next time I spec board formed.
  • lisenotlisa
    hace 9 años

Beautiful work! Poured in place is not always possible, another way to get this look is to use our board form concrete tiles or paneling. www.2stone.ca for more information. Here is some photos of our product installed.

• PRO
    Falconeiri Construction, Inc.
    hace 6 años

Lise,

I am assuming you mitered the outside corners?

• PRO
    Erickson Zebroski Design Group, Inc.
    hace 3 años

While everyone is enjoying the fireplace, and it is a delight, I'm focusing on the battered walls of the main house. Awesome detailing for this one! Would love to pour over the construction plans to discover some of the hidden details.

Great work!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.