Houzz Logo Print
joebates100

COUNTERTOP for natural cherry bathroom…HELP!

joebates100
hace 8 años

Help! I have been looking for a countertop for this bathroom. Considering Uba Tuba. Would have liked to go lighter but have not found anything that goes well with the wall color (SW Patience) and the floor (Pental Gold Falda). The home is on Camano Island ,Wa on the water. The shower will have a band of Island Pebbles. Shower walls are to be the same as the floor tile. Cabinets are natural cherry so they have an orange undertone. Any ideas??

Thanks so much!

Comentarios (23)

• susanalanandwrigley
    hace 8 años

It seems a bit backwards to choose your granite based on you wall color, which is so easily changed. When we chose finishes for our new bathroom we were advised to choose our granite first, find something we loved, and let that inform our other choices for the bathroom. For what it's worth, we have very similarly toned cabinets (ours is less red and more brown though ) and floors (from the little I can see of yours), and we chose a remnant of typhoon bordeaux and love it. That's another tip - look for a remnant you love, you will save tons of money on your countertop.

• susanalanandwrigley
    hace 8 años
    I just realized I have some pics of our typhoon Bordeaux on my phone to share (space not complete yet obviously):
  • joebates100
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thank you. This is the first home I have ever built and we made tons of design mistakes. Not picking counters first was one of them. The paint goes well with the flooring and natural stone in the shower. I know this is very backwards but all I need is a countertop to be done. Do you have an opinion on the Uba Tuba? Light vs dark counters? We have one high transome window and that is the only daylight. If I could do this over again, I would indeed do it differently.

• susanalanandwrigley
    hace 8 años

I don't know granite by name (except what I put in my house :) ) and also every slab is different when it comes to granite, do you have a picture of the slab you are considering?

• joebates100
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

This is a sample piece…the large one in the photo,

• susanalanandwrigley
    hace 8 años

I think it works though personally not a great fan. If it were me and I were going dark, I might look for something a little less mottled. But that's my personal preference. I'm sure whatever you choose will be beautiful.

joebates100 agradeció a susanalanandwrigley
  • joebates100
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

also looked at this

• Carolina
    hace 8 años

Take a floor tile and a paint sample with you when you go shopping for a countertop. The light will be different, but it will give you an idea whether they go together or not.

I do like the last one you posted.

joebates100 agradeció a Carolina
  • Carolina
    hace 8 años

Just noticed you did take a tile and a door with you :-) Looks good together doesn't it?

joebates100 agradeció a Carolina
  • susanalanandwrigley
    hace 8 años

I do love that last one, but hard to discern colors on screen. Lots of drama!

• SewingLadyDi
    hace 8 años

Uba Tuba will show every little tiny water spot (ask me how I know!). May not be the best choice for a bath counter. I'd suggest something not so dark

joebates100 agradeció a SewingLadyDi
  • calidesign
    hace 8 años

I would use a warm white quartz countertop to match your wood moldings.

joebates100 agradeció a calidesign
  • katinparadise
    hace 8 años

You might want to take a look at Vyara Beach. I just picked it for my kitchen and love the touches of copper tones that run throughout. It would complement your cherry cabinets very well.

joebates100 agradeció a katinparadise
  • joebates100
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thank you Carolins. I am not sure how you put that together but I really appreciate it. Looking at it all together is very helpful.

• Carolina
    hace 8 años
    The wonders of Photoshop.
  • PRO
    Saulo's Granite
    hace 8 años

Do you have a price range you are trying to stay in? I would definitely not go with the Uba Tuba it would make your bathroom very dark.

• PRO
    Saulo's Granite
    hace 8 años

This is Alaskan White, I believe it would go very nicely with what you already have.

This one is called colonial white and it would also go very nicely with the colors you already have.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

joebates100 agradeció a Saulo's Granite
  • klyons11
    hace 8 años
    We have uba tuba in our teenaged daughter's bathroom and really love it. I do not find it difficult to keep clean at all.
  • Barbara Simpson
    hace 8 años
    I am definitely not a designer but I think uba tuba may be a bit took dark. I like image 2 from Saulos Granite.
  • joebates100
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Uba tuba is a bit dark. Would it help to paint the ceiling the same color as the trim. I am looking at other options for countertop but struggling. Would anyone use quartz and if so which one would look good. I liked silestone Lusso but it is a very white /gray with only a little coppery swirl. I do like the look of klyons11's bathroom. Very nice

• PRO
    Saulo's Granite
    hace 8 años

Well my question now would be, what kind of design do you like? Do you prefer a darker, more antique look or a more modern, white open look?

• Connie Stackhouse
    hace 8 años

I prefer Quartz because it doesn't require sealing. Look at Cambria Bradshaw pattern. We are using it with our cherry vanity and walls about the same color as yours.

joebates100 agradeció a Connie Stackhouse
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.