Houzz Logo Print
mimmygirl

Inspiration needed for family room

mimmygirl
hace 8 años
I need some ideas on how to pull all my ideas together. The family room is missing something- other than pictures lol just not sure what pics to put where? Do I move the pictures already there to other walls? Do I add a clock see photo. I also have other pics and family photos I'm thinking of putting up?
Do you think a couple of shelves where the black lamp currently is?

The tv can be wall mounted, just waiting for hubby to do it :)

All furniture is to stay at this time...

Any advise or suggestions would be great!

Comentarios (7)

• Neryl Hollingsworth
    hace 8 años

I think new drapes could really help. and a low table or sideboard between the windows.

• PRO
    By Dezign Pty
    hace 8 años

Natalie's suggestions are fantastic & love the idea of a tripod lamp in that corner.

You might also like to consider a simple, large format clock that would work with your space & tie in with the black lounge.

Frame Clock · Más información

• dohraime
    hace 8 años
    I think floating shelves are a good idea, especially since it appears you have a little one. Less opportunity for them to get to Mummy's good things. ;)
    They would also help balance the wall once the TV is mounted.
  • mimmygirl
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    great ideas, thanks everyone! keep them coming. do I need a rug? the carpet is new and very soft so I'm reluctant to cover it!!
  • PRO
    blu interior Design
    hace 8 años

maybe move your art from under the a\c and out it where the long skinny one is behind your lounge.

• PRO
    Natalie Nader Interior Stylist
    hace 8 años
    You can definitely get a rug, it will help lighten the room up as well. Go for a flat weave, it doesn't have a pile on it so they are easy to vacuum and come in some gorgeous patterns and colours. When doing your measurements, make sure you get a rug that fills the entire width of the lounge. Having a rug run short can make the space look awkward and unbalanced. Go for light colours in contrast of the carpet and select this with the art and cushions together so that way your bold colours all work together.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.