Houzz Logo Print
gracemandigo

ceiling height?

ghkim
hace 8 años
what is the ceiling height and the height of each rod? i'm trying to do a triple hang in my closet and wondering if i have enough space. also, how do you access the upper rod height?
Master Closet · Más información

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Squared Away
    hace 8 años

The ceiling height in this closet is 10 feet. You typically want to give yourself 36" clearance for your double hang items (women's). In this closet the client had several very long shirts and we needed some of the rods to have 42" clearance. I would definitely suggest measuring your clothes to see how much space you need. To access the clothes on the upper most rod, in a triple hang section, you will need to use a "pull-down" rod system, a ladder, or a garment hook (long pole with hook at the end that grabs the hanger). I am not a huge fan of the pull-down rods because they eat up a lot of space and they don't hold a lot of weight. Hope that helps!

• ghkim
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

That is really helpful information! when you are taking the measurements, are you measuring from the rod to the bottom of the clothes or to the next rod? what about shelves in between rods - do you add a few inches to allow for the shelf?

• PRO
    Squared Away
    hace 8 años

The measurements I gave you are for the space needed from the bottom of the top rod to the top of the rod below it. BUT - be sure to measure your clothes this way to make sure these measurements work for your clothes. I wouldn't add a shelf in-between the hanging UNLESS it's an adjustable shelf that can be moved. You want to make your closet as flexible as possible so that you can move your rods and shelves up and or down as your needs (and styles) change. If you do add a shelf - you will need to have the same clearance for hanging so you will need to measure from the bottom of top rod the the shelf below.

• ghkim
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Are the rods in this closet adjustable? I do like the look of fixed rods and shelves but you are right - it would be nice to have flexibility.
  • PRO
    Squared Away
    hace 8 años

All rods and shelves in this closet are adjustable. It can look a bit "busy" when the closet is empty and all that you can see are the holes, but you never see them when the clothes are placed.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.