Houzz Logo Print
baldmountain

I am thinking of getting my existing cupboards painted white.

baldmountain
hace 8 años

Do I send the doors out to be painted and paint the boxes myself? If so, who would do this sort of thing?

It would be too disruptive to remove all the boxes.

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Sativa McGee Designs
    hace 8 años

Most often. a Painter is hired and will come in: remove all doors/drawers to spray them and than sands/paints the frame for you on site.

baldmountain agradeció a Sativa McGee Designs
  • PRO
    Pro Skill Construction
    hace 8 años

Unless you're looking for a factory finish, a professional faux finisher should be able to finish it in your home without a problem!

baldmountain agradeció a Pro Skill Construction
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 8 años

I always want the doors and drawer fronts sprayed it just gives a better finish

baldmountain agradeció a Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • leelee
    hace 8 años

Spraying will look more professional but it will cost about 3 times as much (at least my estimate did). So you have to take a look at your cabs and the whole kitchen and decide if it warrants spending the extra money. Or if you want to post a picture Houzzers could help you decide.

A professional painter should be able to do your cabinets.

baldmountain agradeció a leelee
  • PRO
    Linda
    hace 8 años

Roll the frames and spray the doors and drawer fronts for the best finish. We have used Breakthrough paint from PPG for kitchen cabinets as it has an extremely quick setup time...no waiting hours or overnight for the next coat. It's a very interesting product which can be used on a wide variety of surfaces including fiberglass, laminate, plastics, metal, wood, drywall. Depending on the size and amount of prep required, all the spray work can be done and the doors rehung in a day, so only one cleaning of the sprayer.

baldmountain agradeció a Linda
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.