Houzz Logo Print
meg_jones2522

MAJOR DECISIONS ON FRONT OF HOUSE DESIGN

Meg Jones
hace 8 años

Please Help me see/decide what you guys and gurls think would look best..... we will have a garage off to the left...... i made notes of the differences..... I made edits in paint so please excuse the roughness... did the best I could to give me some options.. thanks!! I am open to ideas and changes too! again thanks in advance!!

Comentarios (21)

• Diane Land
    hace 8 años

I personally love the double gable look of A. If not that then I like the gable over the front door best , so D. Know you will get a lot of feedback on this one . :)

Meg Jones agradeció a Diane Land
  • Meg Jones
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

@ Diane Land

Thanks so much!!!!

@LEAP Architecture

Thanks so much for your detailed input!! Haha thanks! my photoshop expired so i had to make the best of it with our ever loyal "Paint" software lol! thanks again!

PS: there will be garage attached at an angle on the left hand side :)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 8 años

I am a less is more type when dealing with roof lines so none of the above would work for me

Meg Jones agradeció a Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • ecpt
    hace 8 años

I like D - all the other options make your entry door seem lost in the shuffle.

Meg Jones agradeció a ecpt
  • emmarene9
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

It is all a bit too much for me too. So many forward facing gables just look messy. It is also a trend on the way out. I think no ground floor gables and dormers on top would be nice. Please hire an architect. A house is a huge investment. Do it right.

Meg Jones agradeció a emmarene9
  • Meg Jones
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

emmarene

we do have an architect and his is B minus the window in the top gable...or the arches on the porch....Thanks! and craftman style house are the most popular build at the moment. I'm not a fan of flat lines and dormers but thanks for your input... really want a vote on the above though. thanks!

• Rusty Empire
    hace 8 años

Thank you architect for voting minus those arches. They are not Craftsman style but rather Victorian and not appropriate. And Leap has valid concerns with the roof engineering. And no to any curved top "eyebrow" Windows unless they are beautifully/expertly trimmed.

Custom Home - Door County, WI · Más información

Shingle style home drive court to entry elevation · Más información

• PRO
    PPF.
    hace 8 años

Still needs work. It would also help to understand how the garage relates to the house, and what it might look like.

Meg Jones agradeció a PPF.
  • battmom4
    hace 8 años

A or D. The larger gable over the entry is needed for balance, but lose the rock on the right most small bumpout so that it doesn't weigh down the porch.

• Meg Jones
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

PPF.

i have created one almost JUST like this!!! i added a dormer on the left but thats the only difference top circled red...

• Meg Jones
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

here is a few options with the garage and what i would like to do on the front door...

• PRO
    PPF.
    hace 8 años

Meg Jones agradeció a PPF.
  • Lori Harris
    hace 8 años

I agree with LEAP. The big gable on the left loses the door, entry. D brings your eye to the door. Also, only stone on the one right gable to give it more of a presence. Again, brings your eye to the front door.

• Diane Land
    hace 8 años

Meg I like your front door idea!

Meg Jones agradeció a Diane Land
  • Meg Jones
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

I'm really liking the 3rd one of the "3 grouped with garages"

• b651
    hace 8 años

Is there going to be a room that needs a window above the leftmost bedroom? If not, out of the ones with the garage attached, I would choose the first one, but without the dormer.

Meg Jones agradeció a b651
  • Meg Jones
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

it will be future space but nothing certain... right now this is what we are look at.....

***Roughly... again as i made it in paint by copy and pasting and such

• b651
    hace 8 años

I have a few reservations with that design. To me, there are too many gables so it pulls the attention away from the main entryway. I also think that you should choose either a regular window for each of the upstairs windows or an arched design, not both. Currently it seems that architectural styles are being mixed; the center gable area looks like a farmhouse and the part over the door looks more craftsman.

Meg Jones agradeció a b651
  • Meg Jones
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Here's an update from Architect! What do you think?!
  • Diane Land
    hace 8 años

I love it....love the gable over the door and the contrasts!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.