Houzz Logo Print
loridowney

Has anyone installed Arizona Tile New Carrara Quartz?

loridowney
hace 8 años

I have a small sample of Arizona Tile's New Carrara Quartz but can't find a slab to see in person. It has no specks and really seems to resemble marble.

Comentarios (56)

• L W
    hace 8 años

one more.

• PRO
    Price Modern
    hace 8 años

This is very helpful, thank you so much! Is the big slab in the first photo new carrara as well? It looks like it has some great veining for quartz if it is :)

• Ellie RK
    hace 8 años

@L W You wrote "in 93% resin." Did you mean 93% quartz???

• L W
    hace 8 años

the new carrara is on the left of pics. 2 pics of it against porcelain and 1 near other quartz and marble. the carrara has veining with white background.

• Sarah
    hace 7 años

Thanks for the pictures,

L W. I ordered New Carrara and my counter guy said shipments have arrived but orders are filled in the order of when received, logically. I asked if I could come see a slab and he said they will probably just unloading it from one truck right to another as some people have been waiting for months. They said mine would probably arrive mid to late May. My cabinets are going in in two days, so I might go looking one more time and see if I like something as well or better. I'd love to get counters in in a week or so, not in over a month, (since I haven't had a kitchen since the beginning of February) but I do like the New Carrara. Anyone had them installed yet?

• L W
    hace 7 años

When I went out to AZ Tile they did say it was back ordered and predicted May. Good to hear they are behind their word. I am rethinking the quartz with white backgrounds. I have loads of light, white cabinets, dark floor and light wall colors. Good Luck. Yes 93% quartz.

• Sarah
    hace 7 años

Okay, I just received some happy news from my fabricator and had to share it with my New Carrara friends: "I have some
    great news! I was able to talk my way into some 3cm New Carrara for your
    project that is arriving in California today or tomorrow and should be here next week."

I could have waited until mid-May but would much rather not! I'm going to go see a full slab on Friday or Monday and then hopefully they can install in a week or week and a half. (And I can share pictures installed.) Wahoo!

• loridowney
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Awesome! Thank you for sharing! Who is your fabricator? Are you using tile for your backsplash?

• PRO
    Just Destiny Mag
    hace 7 años

I just ordered it through my builder via Arizona Tile! Please post a picture once you get it. Dying to what it looks like in a real kitchen Sarah!

• Sarah
    hace 7 años

I will definitely post pictures!

loridowney - my fabricator is Aspen Countertops (SLC). And you think I would have figured out a backsplash by now, but I haven't. I had planned on re-doing my kitchen down the road and then we had water damage under our island and had to pull out the island and I didn't want to put it back together the way it was, so I've been trying to figure this out as I go. The kitchen is part of a great room which makes it more challenging to me than it's own room, or own end of the room. I'm open to tile but I don't want it to be the star, I almost want it to disappear. I've thought about leaving it drywall but it makes sense to have something more scrubbable.

• L W
    hace 7 años

Sarah, you are in SLC? Me, too. Used Aspen for another project. If you like they will let you see the lay out before they cut!

• Sarah
    hace 7 años

I like the things I have heard about Aspen and have been really happy with them so far. I love that I can see the layout before they cut! I'm in Provo, so not far from SL. :)

• Sarah
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

If anyone is in the SL area, they have a 2 cm slab at Arizona tile that you can go see. It is in the back, so you have to ask to see it and someone goes back with you. There is a knick in it or something, so it was returned. The great news is my slabs were delivered today. The less great news is when I went to see the 2 cm slab they have there it wasn't doing it for me. I had loved the sample - no speckles and the subtle grey veining was a nod to marble without trying to be all loud or strong and trying to be some marble. With the whole slab I felt like it was trying to be like marble, but either not doing it quite well enough, or not a marble I would have picked. I still like the subtle veining, but the swirly things here and there just didn't do it for me. I'm sorry I didn't take a picture to share. I was carrying boards the colors of my cabinets, my 4 yo daughter was with me (she was freezing in there and I was trying to keep her close and away from passing forklifts) and I was being babysat by an employee which never makes me feel like taking my time.

I've been trying for weeks to see a slab for this reason. I was expecting and hoping to drive up, see it, love it, approve it and move on with my life. *sigh* The lighting was bad where we were looking. Can you tell I'm still trying to love it?

Has anyone installed this or seen it installed? I'm wondering if I'd like it better installed but not feeling brave enough to try. Anyway, I'll have to figure out what I'm going to do in the next day or two. I'd love real marble (honed!) but am not confident enough to do it at this point. At this point I'm leaning toward Arizona Tile's Denali. https://www.arizonatile.com/en/products/quartz/denali

• L W
    hace 7 años

i posted pics in design d... trip to az tile. sarah, were we there at the same time? no, i went late, close to closing. london grey is close to my real marble.

• L W
    hace 7 años

oops. i went to contempo tile. Caesar Stone.

• karskar76
    hace 7 años

Sarah, I am in the same boat as you. I have scorched the earth looking at the quartz samples. They are all "interpretations" of marble and I just can't get my heart around that when I've wanted marble for so long. But I also don't need anything else to stress out about. I will say, as LW posted above, two of my friends have London Gray and it is really gorgeous. To my eye, you can't tell its not marble. But it is definitely gray and not white - I'm doing gray cabinets and need contrast. So I have also decided to go with plain white quartz. If you look at Lori Paranjape's work, I think you will see the beauty in plain white counters. https://www.houzz.com/photos/interiors-lori-paranjape-redo-home-and-design-transitional-kitchen-nashville-phvw-vp~41180427 Thanks for posting info on the Arizona Tile colors! Good luck on your kitchen!

• karskar76
    hace 7 años

Here's one more of her's in white quartz! Some of her stuff isn't on Houzz. http://alyssarosenheck.com/glam-kitchen/

• Sarah
    hace 7 años

Thanks, karskar. I did end up going with white quartz (the denali) so those pictures of gorgeous kitchens with white counters make me happy! I'm going to have gray lowers and white uppers (one of the reasons I didn't go with real marble, the white carrara I'd looked at as I didn't know if the grays would play nicely). Hoping for counter install late this week or early next week!

• stars2723
    hace 7 años

Has anyone installed this? Would love to see photos!

• loridowney
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I haven't installed yet but scheduled for july 8th. I finally saw slabs in person yesterday, beautiful, most similar to marble with less veining. Love it!

• Sarah
    hace 7 años

loridowney I'd love to see pictures of your counters when they are in

• loridowney
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Hoping we can see your photos! Did you do any tile backsplash? Thanks so much for sharing your paint colors! So difficult trying to pick the right white for cabinets!

• stars2723
    hace 7 años

that is absolutely stunning, MK Remodeling. I am using it as well and will also share photos. Thank you!

• susanlynn2012
    hace 7 años

MK Remodeling, I love the counters with that pretty edge! Gorgeous kitchen.

• Bethany Cox
    hace 7 años

For those that commented up above that went with the white counter b/c your cabinets are grey. What color of grey did you use on your cabinets?

MK Remodeling, Wow! That turned out so beautiful. What color did you paint the cabinets? and what color is the back splash subway tile? it looks blue? This turned out so awesome! I love love it and the lighting you chose is perfect

• PRO
    MK Remodeling & Design
    hace 7 años

The cabinets are white and the backsplash tile is blue. We were very happy with how it all came together!

• Sarah
    hace 7 años

I used "bone black" from Benjamin Moore's Williamsburg collection. I love it. http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/boneblack

I should just post pictures sometime soon because who knows when that "finished" day will ever come. ;)

• ibonnie
    hace 7 años

MK - I have been looking for light blue subway tiles that are not glass. Are those ceramic or ?? If so, I would love to know what they are called and where they are from. TIA

• robin12111
    hace 7 años

Has anyone else used the "new carrara" and could you share pictures? Please and thank you so so much! I think the sample and website pictures look beautiful but I live too far away to go see a slab in person and I'm so nervous and want to love my countertops. I would love to see pictures of this installed. Also is it white white or more off white? Thanks so much again!

• robin12111
    hace 7 años

loridowney, stars2723, and just destiny mag did you end up installing this and could you share pictures and opinions? Thank you!

• robin12111
    hace 7 años

I ended up going with the new carrara quartz from az tile and just thought I would share pictures in case someone else finds this and it helps.

• Rob H
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Robin, Two questions: Did you put the whole 126x61 slab on your island? And did you end up having to support the slab for the overhang/barstool area or was the 3cm version solid enough to handle that?

• User
    hace 6 años

Did anyone compare Arizona tile's new Carrara next to zodiac London sky? Does anyone know which one has the whitest look? Or zodiac London sky next to Arizona tile's Tipperary?

• Kitty Deschanel
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

We recently installed Arizona Tile's Della Terra quartz in New Carrara in our new home. Photos are on my blog (http://www.kittydeschanel.com/search/label/Lamb%20At%20Home). I actually really regret going with this quartz! We've barely lived here a month and already have a scratch on our kitchen island, as well as two chips. We have no children and have been very careful with our supposedly low maintenance countertops. I also thought our previous granite countertops (photos in my Houzz account) had a much nicer shine/polish. We had those for a decade and they never showed any wear. By comparison, these new countertops look fake. If I could go back, I would put granite in our new house instead of quartz. We would have saved a small fortune too! :(

• User
    hace 6 años

Oh how I hate to hear that. Just had mine installed. It was very hard not to use a natural stone, went with quartz for the "ease of use"and no busy pattern, hoping for no regrets

• Kitty Deschanel
    hace 6 años

Oh no! Good luck, Idecor54. After typing my review last night, I emailed Arizona Tile about our problems. I'll let you know what they say. I was able to examine our countertops a bit better in the daylight this morning and I'm sorry to report that our problems are even worse than I'd claimed. We paid extra for a laminated edge and the seams look terrible, with black marks. There also appears to be some discoloration around a little-used prep sink. Could exposure to softened water have caused this? We went with this quartz because it supposedly resembled marble, but I'm now thinking that actual marble would have been easier to care for!

• robin12111
    hace 6 años

So sorry to hear that Kitty. ldecor54 we have had ours in for almost a year and we do have kids and we haven't had any problems with it. No chips or scratches. So hopefully you will have the same good luck. It still looks great and we are really happy with ours.

And Rob H I'm sorry I didn't respond and I'm sure that it is too late, but our island top is 5'x8'. And they did reinforce it underneath, but we don't have corbels or beams holding it up or anything and it has been just fine.

• jenspaz
    hace 6 años
    I installed the Az Tile new Carrara in August. I live the look and while it doesn’t look like marble it’s a close low maintenance option. I do have some reservations about recommending it. Unfortunately, I just discovered an 8” crack near the cooktop. I have my installer coming to take a look and AZ tile. Hopefully both will stand by their work. Secondly, it shows even the tiniest water marks. I have to buff it out with a dry cloth after wiping off the countertop to get the streaks not to show. Lastly, after install I wanted the seam buffed out a little more - well it is very unforgiving. I had two companies come out to try to get the same sheen back over the seam area and it still shows. So think twice before having any work done on it. That might be a workmanship issue but I wanted to mention it.
  • lucky998877
    hace 6 años

Hey Sarah, did you post your kitchen? And hi to L W also, I'm here in the SLC area also :) I just went to Arizona tile today and that is why this post came up...wondering about Della Terra quartz. I would do the island with granite and quartz on the perimeter counters only.

• patelp0921
    hace 5 años

Hey everyone,

We installed the New Carrara Quartz from AZ Tile a couple weeks ago. I was envisioning a white and grey kitchen. Unfortunately, with my white cabinets it gives off a dull off white look. I am attaching some photos, but did anyone else have this problem? The full slab we saw, as well as the pictures and swatches, gave me the impression that it would be a bright white. I am a bit disappointed with the way it turned out. People have mentioned changing the lights, but I am not sure if that is it or if the slab was made this way. The other pictures in this thread look great, so I am not sure why mine looks different to me.

Any suggestions?

• User
    hace 5 años

Take the photo of the the sample against your backsplash and show them the difference. Your kitchen looks beautiful even if it is different from what you had envisioned.

• M Z
    hace 5 años
    I looked at AZ New Carrera quartz in the showroom and was convinced this is what I wanted. I brought home a sample as well as a sample of Lyskamm quartz. After looking at in different lighting (day/night), and at different angles, I decided that it had more of a cream base (duller white) than a blue/grey (brighter white).
  • michelle stein
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Any suggestion for good fabricator in the SLC area? I am considering della terra quartz in the new carrara or honed pisa. Is the honed a problem? Also considering neolith . Any experience with any of those?

• PRO
    M Flanagan
    hace 5 años

Unfortunately I didn't take any photos when I saw the slab here in SoCal. But, I don't think I would recommend the New Carrara. The slabs have been coming in quite gray. AZ tile will admit it. We were deciding between New Carrara and Calacatta Zeus. The 12" samples we got made us think for sure New Carrara veining but when we saw them in person, Calacatta Zeus was actually really lovely. Bigger movements of more subtle light grey veining. Carrara was a lot more activity with all over swirls. And again, very grey. We did slate colored lower cabinets and so happy we got more contrast with the white countertops. It also matches very well with our white upper cabinets.

That all being said.. I don't see Calacatta Zeus on Arizona Tile's website any longer. I know there have been issues with the tariffs being put into place, but if you can grab some slabs, do it!

• leo567
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Hi Quartz people, I went shopping at AZ tile and looking at New Carrara and Tipperary. My kitchen island needs two slabs and concerned about a seam in the middle of the island. I've read that the seam attacks dust/dirt and eventually stands out. Would love to keep a lighter color but would hate a noticeable seam. Anyone have suggestions? Need help quick.

• Nat Ben
    hace 3 años

i know this thread is super old...but does anyone have a picture of these countertops tops installed?😊 pretty please

• ann1johnston
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

We installed Arizona Quartz countertops and wanted to let you know that they chip very easily. We have had repeated nicks in our countertop as something as simple as a spice drops from the cabinet and makes a chip in the quartz. Not impressed.

• Binu Titus
    hace 3 años

Which quartz is this and what caused it to chip?

• Carolyn K
    hace 2 años

I had the AZ Tile Della Terra Quartz in Troya Honed installed last year and am very disappointed with it. Depending on the lighting, I can see every glass/cup ring mark and fingerprints. I cannot get them out no matter how quickly I wipe them up. Where the fabricator/installer tethered the slab in his truck are marks from that. They buffed them out somewhat, but now I can see where that was done and there is a dip there. Seems to be a very fragile product overall. Would not recommend.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.