Houzz Logo Print
pamela_knight2109

Help with Dining Room and Light Fixture!

Pamela Knight
hace 8 años
This room with be the death me of me!

The back wall is large and has a low ceiling and I'm not sure what do do with it. I also need a light fixture. Should I do rectangular or round? I was thing something rustic candle style. And suggestions would be great! Thank you!

Comentarios (15)

• PRO
    emeralDesign
    hace 8 años

Here a couple recommendations for light fixtures:

http://www.feiss.com/32107/5---Light-Alston-F27945AFCBA.html

http://www.feiss.com/32107/5---Light-Alston-F27945AFCBA.html

http://www.feiss.com/29218/4---Light-Adan-F27534RIBWD.html

Also, I would lower the mirror a good 6". It is too close to the ceiling line.

Great work! Best of Luck.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 8 años

This room is anything but rustic so I would do fabulous rectangular light fixture, i would remove the bench it does nothing for the space and serves no purpose I agree the mirror is reflecting nothing I would want to see doubled and a great piece of large art would look awesome there. I can’t see the cabinet on the left but it looks too high to be a sideboard so the mirror mounted above it will not work

• Pamela Knight
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Thank you both for the suggestions! I think that'd do it!
  • Pamela Knight
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    This is the room that you walk into from the front door. The dining area is to the left of this area. This was an older home with low ceilings and we've removed walls to create an open space. The archway to the right leads into the kitchen. Here is basically a 360 degree view of the room. I would love suggestions. The piano wall has been a difficult one as well!
  • Katbv Vero
    hace 8 años
    I don't want to be the one to tell you but, that mirror is sooo heavy for the dining set, could it be put somewhere else and put something more appropriate for the surroundings?
  • doctornancy
    hace 8 años

I know you didn't ask about this, but have you tried your dining mirror to the left of the piano. It is too hefty for the dining area and might heft up the wall to the left of the piano.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 8 años

Get rid of the monster T.V cabinet it swallows light you need color in this space , too many pillows all in the same tones on the sofa you need a lamp between the chairs and IMO just too many dark pieces in one space

• doctornancy
    hace 8 años

You have very nice furnishings and decor items, yet many are competing with each other. Select a focal point in each room and select decor items that complement the focal point.

For example, in your dining area, it is very appropriate to make the dining table the focal point. This is helped with a chandelier (which you've asked help with and yet are not getting - tough to keep us Houzzers on topic!) The large mirror on the wall competes to be the focal point, which is why a couple folks have suggested you remove it. You might try replacing the mirror with the four framed prints, lining them up horizontally. Also I suggest a more colorful rug under the dining table - in a color from the living room. Perhaps a rust or orange or burgundy? This will also give the dining table more attention.

In the living area, the large tv cabinet is the most obvious focal point. Again, the other large decor items in that room - eg. the large round mirrors, are competing with the tv wall. If it seems too daunting to figure this out yourself, a few hours invested with a stager or re-designer would be money well spent. They can help you pull the rooms together, while making only minimal new purchases.

• zzmom40
    hace 8 años
    Love your dinning room! Here are a few lighting ideas that would really make a statement in your space. Agree mirror needs to find a new wall...picture grouping is beautiful but needs same spacing vertical and horizontal between each frame. Love metal bench needs cushion with dramatic muted print. I actually think a dramatic horse canvas to replace mirror would look fantastic! Check out Zgallery.com horse in the rain.
  • zzmom40
    hace 8 años
    This would be gorgeous in your dinning room! The size is amazing for the price...any picture should be hung with the middle of picture 60"-64" from floor.
  • linlac
    hace 8 años
    I love this one with the mercury glass and sheer shade.
  • PRO
    Chi Renovation & Design
    hace 8 años

These photographs are from a design of ours. Perhaps it will help?

935 Hermitage · Más información

935 Hermitage · Más información

• PRO
    Betty Wasserman Art & Interiors
    hace 8 años

Here are some designs from our portfolios. Take note of the light fixture.

Chelsea Loft: Dining Room · Más información

Chelsea Loft: Dining Room · Más información

• shiningautumn888
    hace 8 años
    Definitley consider a new rug for dining room. There is not enough contrast between the floors. And there's just too mucbbl beige going on
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.