nkoritz

Need help finishing our Family Room

Nancy K
hace 8 años

Comentarios (7)

• Nancy K
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

New house (for us) and our Family Room is feeling rather cold. Hubby loves the antique ships wheel so it stays. What does it need? Plants? Artwork? Thank you!

• susan2494
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

You need to bring the chair onto the rug. It is too far from seating area. Some art and maybe a console table on right of FP to balance the ship's wheel. I'll pop some things in there for you to see. Is that your TV? Is that an alcove or doorway or What? What is this room open to?? A kitchen dining area?

• PRO
    Life's Journey Murals
    hace 8 años
    Being that I think walls can make such an impact (I am a muralist), I would suggest some decorative painting or a mural to not only add some life to the room, but maybe reflect some of your interests.
  • susan2494
    hace 8 años

The photos are not very good. Hard to see everything. I think you need to pull the TV out of that alcove it is getting lost back there.

Your pictures are hung too high over back of sofa.

• PRO
    Poovi Art
    hace 8 años

add more color and life to your wall for that why not add a large original artwork ...for more artwork please check my website too...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PooArtGallery?ref=profile_shopname

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 8 años

Pix aren't all enlarging, so much of detail is lost, and some of these suggestions may be based on misreading the photos. Center the rug with the fireplace and float the sofa with front feet on it. Hang the wheel on the wall where the chair is now, and put a rustic/nautical feeling credenza under it (should be 25% wider than the wheel.) Consider attaching a round mirror behind the wheel to add some reflecton and interest. Move the chair to the left of the fireplace along with the end table and lamp, or put a floor lamp beside it for reading. With the end table gone you may be able to pull the sofa closer to the FP and you can add a floor lamp in that right corner. If that item behind the sofa is art, we need to work with it, but again your pix are not reading well enough to distinguish some of the details. I think you could add some nautical touches that wouldn't be too irritating to your sensibilities.

Rustic Decorative Nautical Weights Set · Más información

Nautical Stripes Burlap Pillow, Blue · Más información

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.