Houzz Logo Print
arianefortin

Need help with choosing which type/style of windows

arianefortin
hace 8 años

Hi, We have a 1930s red brick house in the South East of England and the current uPVC (with lead bars in them) windows need replacing. We have decided to go again for uPVC but in white woodgrain. However, my choice would be for plain glass (without any lines of lead or with bars) in as few panels as possible to let as much light in as possible and also not to overcrowd the windows considering that we will have horizontal blinds inside. My husband thinks we should keep the led lines or add Georgian white bars inside. I need help as I don't want the new windows to destroy the look so I want to get it right... Thanks! Ari

Comentarios (6)

• designhappy905
    hace 8 años

Have You thought of doing a different coloured window frame? I think black would be more sophisticated and still give the windows definition. I agree with your husband ; keep the leaded glass idea as it is in keeping with the style of your home

arianefortin agradeció a designhappy905
  • arianefortin
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thank you both very much. I think we will stick with white (as we are not changing the right hand side door for the time being) and we will remove the small top sections on the windows to keep them bigger and cleaner and add lead lines for those front windows (and no lead line at the back of the house as there is a modern extension anyhow).

• PRO
    Your Timber Windows
    hace 7 años

Our recommendation to clients is to take a walk down your street and see what's around and catches your eye. It's also best to be in keeping with the area. Your Timber Windows Ltd team

• Daisy England
    hace 7 años
    White frames, no lead. Plain glass.
  • PRO
    Wood Window Alliance
    hace 7 años

Why not wood? They'll last longer and be much classier.

Back to Front Transformation of '60s bungalow 1 · Más información

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.