Houzz Logo Print
mnjpreciado

will coral work with floor and sofa and gray wall colors ? I need help

mnjpreciado
hace 8 años
my living room decorating has been at a standstill I have bought numerous rugs wall art lamps etc only for them to look hideous and be returned to the store a decorator is not in my budget any ideas are appreciated like the beachy theme flooring needs to stay and wall color is gray and needs to stay as well

Comentarios (14)

• mnjpreciado
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    note : small squares are canvas wall hangings not pillows
  • acm
    hace 8 años

Could we see more of the room than just your couch?

• PRO
    Studio Nish Interior Design
    hace 8 años

Absolutely! Beautiful color scheme you have there. If you use color on pillows, soft goods and wall art, you could keep the rug a light grey that complements the sofa color. . That way you don't overpower with color and/ or pattern and you have more room to play with your decor in the future.

• mnjpreciado
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    what kind of table very small house
  • mnjpreciado
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    here is a larger pic everything is a work 8n progress want to paint hideous brass fireplace cover and not sure which way to go with window coverings and fireplace I truly appreciate any ideas
  • PRO
    hace 8 años

A "petite" rectangular table. You could try a white coffee table to lighten things up a bit and add a splash of brightness since you have the dark grey accent walls and sofa. Would also pop nicely on top of a light to medium gray rug. An alternative: choose two small square white tables side by side. Gives you some flexibility to move stuff around and will still serve the same purpose.

• mnjpreciado
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    thank you Dalia I appreciate your input
  • susan2494
    hace 8 años

Let me put something together for you. You need to take off the small things (whatever they are) on the sofa.

• PRO
    hace 8 años

My pleasure. As to window coverings: less is more. I'd do simple, modern hardware with basic, very light grey or even a cool white solid drapery. Keep the fabric width to a minimum, otherwise you'll have wide, heavy stacks on either side of the window when they're open.

Yes, definitely paint the brass. Also, you could paint the bricks of the fireplace below the mantle the same white as above. Might create a nice break from the gray accent walls.

• shiningautumn888
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Pull the sectional further off of the wall that has the window. It drives me crazy to see furniture pushed in a corner. There should be at least 2-3 feet between the side of sofa and that wall, if you can. I assume there is a TV that the sofa faces?

Try removing all the valentines red décor as that is going to throw everything off in trying to pick things for this room. Paint the brass fireplace with paint made for metal. Should be a quick fix.

You need a large art piece, or 2 sem-large coordinating pieces above the sectional. Homegoods usually has large pieces for about $100

• susan2494
    hace 8 años

As mags said pull the sofa to the left out of corner and get a rug, and consider a floor lamp on left of sofa.

• mnjpreciado
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    thanks Susan love the vision
  • PRO
    Aura Painting
    hace 8 años

I don't love coral with Gray. I do love crisp white accents with Gray and a main accent color. I attached some sample photos to help explain what I mean.

Coastal Contemporary - Steveston Home · Más información
    A good rule of thumb - To create a color pop use the same color in THREE or more locations. The Gray walls & Gray furniture alone would be boring; however, you'll notice the turquoise sprinkled throughout and the room becomes more interesting and fun! I think I noticed Red in one of your pictures. Maybe carry that theme through as your color pop.
    Fitzroy Development · Más información
    Another good tip when using Gray is offsetting it with White. Crisp white trim, blinds, curtains, lampshades, throw pillows mixed with your "splash" of color is a great way to brighten up your Gray!
    Clapham Family Home · Más información
    Another way to POP your Gray - Check out these White Blinds! I would definitely add this to your window. They are an inexpensive way to brighten up you gray without breaking the bank.

Take it one step further and throw a curtain rod across the top and a slim panel curtain on each side featuring a color that matches your throw pillows.

Gray with Coral, not my favorite. I would go with any blue & white or red & white would be very clean, as long as you don't overdue it and stay with crisp colors.

I hope this helps :)

Carol

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.