Houzz Logo Print
cpravetz

What kind of membrane is recommended for a curb less shower? And what

cpravetz
hace 8 años
I want a Roll in shower, not necessarily ADA compliant and don't want to raise the bathroom floor. Any options

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    BLDG Workshop Inc.
    hace 8 años

it's tricky, but do-able. you need to shave down the tops of the floor joists to get room for drainage slope, build-up of your membrane, tile setting and tile itself. this wouldn't be a good idea without having a structural engineer give a thumbs-up as to the floor joists structural adequacy after they've been shaved down.

as to your membrane, i think schluter has an appropriate product.

• PRO
    Brickwood Builders, Inc.
    hace 8 años

You can alter the existing floor joists, but assuming you are over a crawl space, you would then sister in additional joists and use some additional support to ensure the floor has adequate support for a tile shower.

There is a product from Trending Accessibility that says you don't have to do all that. It is intriguing, but we haven't tried it yet. So far it is the best alternative to structural changes that we have seen that might be viable.

• cpravetz
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thank you both. I will discuss these options with our plumber

• PRO
    CCM Architecture
    hace 8 años

Wedi also makes a new curbless pan that reduces the amount you will need to shave down the joists. It is a pain and doing a mud set pan can require cutting up to 2" out of the joists which is quite a bit. The Wedi system will reduce that roughly in half, it looks like the Trending Accessibility product may not require any shaving at all.

• PRO
    Details Home Services
    hace 7 años

I agree with Brickwood. I cringed at the thought of you asking your plumber about making cuts to the joists. That's NOT a good idea.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.