Houzz Logo Print
deniselee96

Need Advice for this Empty Space

Denise L
hace 8 años

So I "thought" we had a door for this linen, but looking at our blueprint I was wrong. We do have two other linen closets so I don't mind making this space something else. We just aren't sure of what to put here and I tried to google some photos but not really seeing what I like since this space is angled.

Half cabinet with shelves on top? All shelves? Leave it and put a mirror? or a coat rack? book shelves?

Also, as you can see, there is an air duct vent so we can't really do a wall halfway up, we still need 2-3ft to change out the air filter.

Does anyone have any ideas or photos of what they did with a small angled space like this?

*The space is 9' tall x 2'6" depth x 2' wide

Thank you in advance!

Comentarios (8)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 8 años

The context of this space is lost maybe a floor plan would help

Denise L agradeció a Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • Carolina
    hace 8 años
    In which room is this corner?
    Denise L agradeció a Carolina
  • Carolina
    hace 8 años
    My initial thought was that you could do glass shelves, light above and display some beautiful items, but if a coat rack is more useful in this particular area...
    Wells Hill · Más información
    Denise L agradeció a Carolina
  • Denise L
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

This is our floorplan, I drew a red arrow pointing to the open linen. Let me know if you can see the image.

Thanks!

• PRO
    Dupont Cabinetry & Design
    hace 8 años

Have you considered a bench seat? If you like the idea of a coat rack you could add hooks above as well.

• PRO
    fvk Design
    hace 8 años

Wish you had the option to add a light above, but not possible with air duct vent. What if you painted the niche in a bold accent colour, then put artwork in there as a display area. Here is a picture of something similar :)

• Carolina
    hace 8 años

Candy room · Más información

Well, you may not be able to have lighting above the shelves, but you can have lights under (not if they are glass obv.) or behind the shelves. I think it will be a lovely focal point from the gallery.

Sophisticated Contemporary · Más información

You could also put a pedestal with statue on it there...

Silver & Gold Niche · Más información

Rina Magen · Más información

Apartment downtown Belgrade 2 · Más información

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.