Houzz Logo Print
skinnygirl105

How do I soundproof a bathroom?

Diane Forest
hace 8 años

I have a guest bathroom right off the living area. You can hear everything. There isn't a lot of opportunity for fabric except the small window and I don't want to carpet the floor. Any suggestions?

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Colorado Basement Company
    hace 8 años

There are several ways depending on your situation. 1. place insulation in the walls (foam insulation can be applied when drywall is already up). 2. use double sheets of drywall or a better option is to use sound board in place of drywall. 3. make sure all openings into bathroom are filled or tight with material. 4. use as much sound absorption material (cloth, foam, etc) as possible. Good luck.

Diane Forest agradeció a Colorado Basement Company
  • apple_pie_order
    hace 8 años

Colorado covered it all. Although you don't want carpet, it would help in this situation. There are machine washable carpets you can cut to fit from JC Penney and on amazon.com.

Diane Forest agradeció a apple_pie_order
  • PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    hace 8 años

Mounting a second layer of acoustic drywall (5/8" acoustic drywall = $3.29/sf = 18 dB of insulation) or you can mount normal drywall using Green Glue ($1/sf + $1/sf for drywall = 18 dB).

Not many foam insulation products carry acoustic ratings. Of course, if you can find a spray foam that has acoustic ratings that will be the least damaging.

The next thing to change = hollow core door. That cheap $60 hollow core door is letting out plenty of noise. I would start with the new door and see what noise is left. Go ahead and spend $150-$200 for a solid core door and see how you feel about the noise after that.

An acoustic retrofit is one of the most expensive "refits" that you can attempt. Start with the door (cheapest, fastest, most bang for your buck) and go from there.

Diane Forest agradeció a Cancork Floor Inc.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.