Houzz Logo Print
aamm2201

Vanity vessel sink

aamm2201
hace 8 años
I am doing now a small bathroom (see image) and I'm doing a custom vanity (see image, colours aren't accurate) and I like a vessel sink, my question is since the depth of the counter is only 17 inches will it make sense to have a vessel sink? I'm afraid it will be something to bulky on a small counter, what do you think and any suggestion.

Comentarios (4)

• Judy Mishkin
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

if you will have an upper cabinet as shown, i think the sink shouldnt be a vessel. it will look too crowded.

• acm
    hace 8 años

Love the finished parts of your bath -- off to a great start!

I don't think that your proposed design would work with a true vessel sink -- the additional height needs to be offset with a lower counter all the way across (i.e., remove one drawer of depth). That doesn't seem like a good trade-off in a tight space (unless it's a powder room).

• PRO
    Atlantis Granite and Marble
    hace 8 años

Both of the comments above are correct. A vessel will create a top heavy look. The vanity should be standard height to make the vessel the correct height.

And the plumbing may be an issue considering the depth of the cabinet. Wall fed plumbing would require drywall/tile modifications.

Your best look is as it is now. Hope this helps.

• teamaltese
    hace 8 años
    @Atlantis, we just removed a standard height vanity with a vessel sink. We're both over 5'6", and had to use a step stool to use it! My petite SIL couldn't use it at all. The former owners put it in, I'm guessing they never used it, because they are shorter than we are. Our contractor says he sees a lot of this. There are cabinets especially sized for vessel sinks. OP doesn't look like your cabinet is the right height anyway.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.