Houzz Logo Print
ul101

Treatment for three panel patio door.

ul101
hace 8 años

Hi,

We just moved into a new house. The living room has a three panel patio door. Only the center panel opens to a small patio outside. I would like to get some advice on what kind of treatment I can do for this door that will provide privacy and hopefully some insulation, too. I like more of a modern look.

Thank you!

Comentarios (11)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 8 años

plantation shutters

ul101 agradeció a BeverlyFLADeziner
  • drememon
    hace 8 años

The doors are very pretty. I like the textured wall in the living room. Is it drywall, or molded vinyl, or tile?

Since you're not likely to use a front yard, small patio, I'd explore the idea of a frosted film on the three doors, or sheers, and dress the doors as if they were big windows. If only the center door operates, you'd still be able to access it.

Pretty home.

ul101 agradeció a drememon
  • Missy Bee
    hace 8 años
    I would leave them unadorned.
    ul101 agradeció a Missy Bee
  • PRO
    Better Blinds
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

I would add a panel track system with a large dark wooded cornice to match the floor you will either use a insulating material in a split draw or a filtering material like a solar shade to atleast protect the hardwood

ul101 agradeció a Better Blinds
  • PRO
    Better Blinds
    hace 8 años

• ul101
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

@drememon

Thanks. The wavy wall is made of modular gypsum tiles. I actually got this idea from Houzz. Very happy with how it turned out. Appreciate the suggestions. I like sheers in general, but thinking they will not provide enough privacy.

@Better BlindsI
    like the idea of using sliding panels. Do I need to have a certain
    amount of wall space of each side of the doors for them to look right?
    Because I don't have much wall space there.

• PRO
    Better Blinds
    hace 8 años
    the more panels you have the less wall space you need
  • Madeline Small
    hace 8 años
    I'd suggest finding a local drapery business & order custom insulated Roman shades in a fabric that is neutral or one that coordinates with other items in your room. We have Roman shades in our living in a beautiful fabric & they provide color, pattern, and privacy (when they're down).
    ul101 agradeció a Madeline Small
  • drememon
    hace 8 años

Wow. Love the wall even more in the added photo. It's great. Glad you maintained the same color. Just the texture change is enough.

I'd be afraid of cutting up the wonderful vertical space with a cornice, or heavy drapes. Try not to remove that beautiful vertical line you have going on. Will you actually use this room much, or is it the "formal" living space that is rarely used?

I love the light from the three doors. Film is removeable, and not that expensive. I'd at least try a rain glass pattern film, and sheers, first. I used panels in a bedroom, with shielding greenery outside, as suggested by BetterBlinds. I loved them. I had three panels for a six foot area of glass, and limited place to stack, but only one door operated. It's an option. As is, planting greenery for privacy outside the patio. I'd be afraid of using very slim panels,as it may look odd with the expanse of glass, especially with the detailing in your doors.

• drememon
    hace 8 años

With that in mind, could you add a photo of the front? Perhaps additional plantings would give you most of the privacy you'd like to gain.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.