Houzz Logo Print
joey_hartl

How to fix bottom part of outdoor curtains?

H Design by Joe
hace 8 años

Hey Folks, literally I have dilema. In our outdoor pergola we used outdoor curtains to protect the furniture and staff inside against sun and water,like you can see on the picture (illustration photo) but its really windy here and i need to keep the curtains closed... And thats huge problem. First i thought, that i can sew some strings to the corners, and than it will be fixed, but the surface of curtains is too big aand the wind maybe to strong, so it teared after first day... Do you have any idea how to fix it better? Thank you for any solution. Joey

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Hamiltons International Limited
    hace 8 años

Wind will always be a problem for outside areas. Sewing, bolting or tying down will only result in damage. The wind needs to be able to blow through then it will lose it's strength. Having small eyelets put into the curtains at regular intervals will help.

• charleee
    hace 8 años

This won't be a small amount of work, but if you can sew a pocket into the bottom of each panel you can insert a row or line of ball bearings to give them more weight.

• PRO
    Master Remodelers
    hace 8 años
    Knowledge and historical experience of how our deigns actually function in their environment is so important to client satisfaction. I once had a similar dilemma with an open porch which was oriented at the end of a long field, the wind was so strong it would move their wrought iron furniture. I was concerned the new porch I was designing would blow over like an umbrella, I calculated for the wind load effect. In retrospect understanding your problem now, I was wondering if you could add the similar detail to the bottom of the drapes as to the top with a rod and eyelets, could that be an option? Or are drapes to light of a material for the conditions?
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.