Houzz Logo Print
pansy85

Should I paint the fireplace surround too ?

Pansy Cra
hace 8 años
I just painted my interior house agreeable gray SW and all the niches are Mega Greige. I still feel like something is missing. Should I paint around the fireplace the mega Greige too for more definition.

Comentarios (10)

• lesliedgoodman
    hace 8 años
    I would paint the area above the mantle.
  • Pansy Cra
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Since there is no break from the top of the fireplace to bottom and I'm speaking of the sides leading to the bottom of the fireplace; Should I paint along the sides as well. I don't like creating imaginary lines with paint.
  • PRO
    EURO STAGING
    hace 8 años

Yes, I would continue with the paint.

I would also add more bold accessories into your shelving. It needs more contrast in my opinion. Or darker color of the background.

• zzmom40
    hace 8 años
    I would only paint the back of your built-ins to match walls. I did mine in the Dorian Gray BM that was used in my attached kitchen area. My accessories are much more of a traditional/French farm theme but the painted back drop works really well. You have a wonderful space! I don't think it is necessary to have to add to much color I really like your more modern/contemporary look and love all the neutral shades.
  • decoenthusiaste
    hace 8 años

Is that blue above the can lights? Is that the color of the adjoining space? If it is staying, you might wallpaper the backs of the cabinets with a pattern that has that color in it.

• Pansy Cra
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    The entire room and adjoining kitchen is agreeable gray... The light makes it blue on the photo but it looks gray throughout...

Not a fan of the wall paper look but I want something else for a pop... Fireplace color, add crown molding , something

I'm thinking of painting the top mantle to the trim sides for the added dimension.
    Thanks all for the suggestion. This really helps.
  • Tems
    hace 8 años

Paint the niches darker as suggested it should do it

• Pansy Cra
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    That looks nice @Tem... How did you do that ? Was it an app or full software?
  • PRO
    DESIGN415
    hace 8 años

I say go for it, it will add a nice contrast.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.