Houzz Logo Print
makilafields

Which granite would you choose?

makila fields
hace 8 años

Which granite would you choose? Napoli, ST. Cecilia, or new venetian ice?

Comentarios (13)

• rocketjcat
    hace 8 años
    Is the floor staying?
  • makila fields
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    No, its not
  • beverlynn
    hace 8 años

St. Cecilia!

• moremoneythanu
    hace 8 años
    The less busy one.
  • makila fields
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Ok, I am not sure which is the less busy one u r mentioning.
  • Geneviève
    hace 8 años
    looking at the back splash I would go with the darker one. Also consider changing the white knobs on the cabinets they do not work with the finish.
  • PRO
    Show to Sell Homes
    hace 8 años

Both are too busy for your kitchen. Look for a more solid granite , plain and simple. Try Caesarstone blizzard.

• makila fields
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Thanks, those r not white knobs. They are for baby proofing. They keep the little ones out of the cabinets.
  • makila fields
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Thanks, but I wasn't asking about the stove. I am looking for opinions on the granite.
  • kathleen currie
    hace 8 años

lucky you! the questions ARE all appropriate, though. appliances, flooring AND backsplash will all affect how the new counter is viewed. if you keep the white appliances, for example will they look more stark with a warm tone granite [yes]. what will your new flooring be? i generally try to have 'flow' between horizontal surfaces, and from personal experience: i can't suggest strongly enough -- get a large sample and place on the counter in your prep area. you have a very simple [plain] field of counter now, in addition to a comfort level around counter storage [coffee pot, kettle, teapot etc]. adding a strong or busy pattern could literally 'fry' your eyes if you're doing a lot of prep work.

its always easier to ask more questions than to replace such an expensive item: such as, am i going to replace the counter range at some point? do i want it to stand out or blend in? are you planning on running the granite up the wall for a splash? if not, because it is a vertical surface, the splash will have more attention from the rest of the space than the actual counter. and so on.

• saratogaswizzlestick
    hace 8 años

Of the choices you have presented I prefer St. Cecelia but I do think you should consider a plainer granite. When you change out your countertop consider an undermount stainless sink. It is highly functional and will give a more streamlined look.

• rocketjcat
    hace 8 años
    The stove comment was a tad harsh, but Katrina is spot on with her assessment. You really haven't given enough information for anyone to really help you. Are you keeping the the backsplash? Are you keeping the cabinets as they are? You say the floor is changing, but to what? Do you have a sample to show? Are the white appliances staying? The granite choice is expensive and shouldn't be made in a vacuum, so if you have more info, please share it! Thanks!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.