Houzz Logo Print
maria_selljankovitz

Our new master bath

We are in the process of finishing our master bath. The color we chose is a slate blue for the walls. Our next project is installing wood floors in the master bedroom. Before we do we would like to paint the room. What color do you think goes with slate blue. I though a light grey. But my husband doesn't like grey for the bedroom. Can you help?

Comentarios (15)

• ritting28
    hace 8 años
    I think you need a warmer color for the bathroom walls. Why not use the blue of the bathroom in the bedroom, and use a warm gray for the bathroom?
  • Maria Sell Jankovitz
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    We already painted the bathroom a slate blue and we are not changing the color. We just like help with choosing a color for our master bedroom.
  • Jillian - Interior design student
    hace 8 años

Great job on the bathroom! There are literally hundreds of "grays" out there. Choose one that leans toward beige. Greige.

• Maria Sell Jankovitz
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Thank you Jillian about the comment on the bathroom. I loved the color that you suggested for the bedroom. However my husband doesn't like grey. He thinks is the color of death... Hahaha. Can you suggest something else that is not grey.
  • Jillian - Interior design student
    hace 8 años

Brown and blue play well together. Perhaps an accent wall of the slate blue -or- a manly chocolate brown accent wall.

Kilim Beige would work nicely with the tile in the bathroom (second from top) and is neutral.

• katinparadise
    hace 8 años

What is the manufacturer and color of your slate blue?

• Maria Sell Jankovitz
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    The slate blue is by Benjamin Moore.
  • Maria Sell Jankovitz
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Love the first image. What about the curtains?
  • Maria Sell Jankovitz
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Love the bedspread and the other accessories that goes with it. Does the set come with curtains?
  • katinparadise
    hace 8 años

Maria-is it called simply Slate Blue? Normally you would start with bedding and pick a paint color from there. Why not do a shade or two lighter for an accent wall behind your bed and then pick a beige or other color that coordinates for the other walls. The Benjamin Moore web site gives suggestions for coordinating colors.

• Maria Sell Jankovitz
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Thank you so much for all your help. Are you from the Jersey area? I would love to hire you to help me with this project. If not I would certainly use your great ideas.
  • Maria Sell Jankovitz
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Jill I like the bedding that you posted. Can you possibly tell me where I could find it?
  • PRO
    Colorado Basement Company
    hace 8 años

Maria! I would suggest you buy a sample of the colors you are thinking about the paint wall areas around the room. It's amazing how the colors will change depending on the day. Also, I noticed plywood on the tub backsplash. Are you placing tile there? If so, may want to put Durarock or other water resistance backerboard. Good luck on the paint and project.

• Maria Sell Jankovitz
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    If you look closer you will see that there is tiles on the back splash of the tub. We had this bathroom done professionally. Thank you for your advise. I will use it for our second bathroom.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.