Houzz Logo Print
esimones

Long curtains on everything? Thank you thank you

ECS
hace 8 años
hello friends, thank you for taking time to read this. This is a picture of one major wall in my house- the kitchen to the family room. It has four windows, one more you can not see, & a sliding glass door. Am I supposed to put long curtains from ceiling to floor on all of these windows?

Comentarios (3)

• grapefruit1_ar
    hace 8 años

You can determine rod placement based on the length of the drapes. If they are 84 inches, for example, place the rod so that the drapes fall just short of the floor. If you need longer drapes, raise the rod higher. Some folks say that the rod should be placed close to the ceiling....I do not believe that is necessary.

• PRO
    Raashi Design
    hace 8 años

It depends on what you want to achieve. If privacy is not an issue, you don't necessarily need to have curtains for the sliding. I see blinds on other windows, so you can do just decorative panels or valances to bring in color and softness. Regarding the rod placement, higher will give the illusion of taller windows and a better feel of the ceiling height. Hope this helps!

• PRO
    nBaxter Design + Real Estate
    hace 8 años
    I agree with Sheeja. Window treatments frame the. iew and always make a room look finished. Hang your panels close to the ceiling to accentuate height, and yes, they DO need to go to the floor. No short panels... ever, ever, ever. Also, rods need to be wider than the window by 6-8" on either side. The panel should cover a bit of wall, the trim, and a bit if window. I highly recommend designer hardware, too. The telescoping joint is a huge faux pas, and Rowley makes affordable pieces. If you do telescoping, get the largest base span you can find so the joint is covered by the panel, and not in the middle of the window.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.