Houzz Logo Print
siffordgd

How rapidly does the Cor Ten rust? Do you spray anything on it to speed up the process?

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    D-CRAIN Design and Construction
    hace 11 años
    This is a mild carbon steel that we let rust naturally. There are many factors that determine how quickly steel will rust...it varies depending on things like your location and the weather/time of year. You can definitely spray water on it if you prefer it to speed up the process.
  • rbcola
    hace 9 años
    Where can I find the carbon steel mateial in 47401 for retaining wall application please.
  • PRO
    Exult Design
    hace 9 años
    Hi, what plant did you use as the groundcover. I am trying to find something like this in Australia!
  • Noah Modie
    hace 9 años
    I worked at a blacksmith shop over a summer doing a lot of stuff that used salvaged materials and things that were supposed to look worn. When I asked one of my mentors, a brilliant sculptor, metalworker, and blacksmith what I should do to make something rust quickly and somewhat evenly, he advised that I relieve myself on my work. It was one of few occasions where my process veered from his guidance. I simply used white vinegar to remove any oils or mill-scale from the metal. The vinegar will remove a great deal of the rust at first, but make it more susceptible to rusting in the future.
    Jay Sifford Garden Design agradeció a Noah Modie
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.