Houzz Logo Print
jan_colton

Could the MDF be stained?

Jan Colton
hace 8 años
I am building a Craftsman-style home and am seriously thinking about wood panel walls with this style to them. Could the MDF that you used be stained or is there a better material to use for that purpose?
Akke Woodworks · Más información

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    Akke Woodworks
    hace 8 años

Hi Jan. I apologize for the delay on this response. Thank you for your interest in our work! To answer your question, MDF is not a stainable material. If you would like to use it in place of a stain-grade wood -- for it's stability and cost savings -- you might want to consider having a decorative finish applied to it to appear to be wood. However, a decorative finish is significantly more expensive than a standard stain and poly -- which would cut into your savings. Personally, I would use MDF and have it spray finished. I like molding when it's monochromatic, rather than exposing the grain in wood; the shadow lines are more pronounced and there's no grain to distract from the profile.

Good luck with your project!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.