Houzz Logo Print
kimgirlkim

Are my curtains too high?

Kim Stewart
hace 8 años

Thank you for your thoughts and opinion! (Just hung them by a professional but now I am having doubts... What do you think? (I will be putting up sheers - how many should I put?)

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Gray & Walter, Ltd.
    hace 8 años

No they are not. The width of the panels look too skimpy I'm afraid. I recommend sheers on bay in a more generous fullness.

Kim Stewart agradeció a Gray & Walter, Ltd.
  • PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    hace 8 años

Did the professional fabricate the curtains as well? Or just hang them? I think they are definitely too high, and they don't have any heading which makes them look a bit unfinished. They don't look interlined either, which gives them a stiff look--they aren't properly "dressed." Where and how are you hanging the sheers? They usually are set underneath the main curtains, so you'd need a double rod. As for how many you need, that depends on the window dimension, which isn't given.

I'd consider calling in a curtain designer to help you--that window is fabulous and would really look great if it were done well.

Kim Stewart agradeció a Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
  • PRO
    Enhancing Windows
    hace 8 años
    I would recommend lowering the rod somewhere between the top of the window and the ceiling. This would allow the rod to stand out. If you "puddle" the draperies it will give the appearance of greater fullness.
    Kim Stewart agradeció a Enhancing Windows
  • Christine Villa
    hace 8 años

I'm curious...I thought it was a decorating trend to put the rods very close to the ceiling...but it does look awkward in this photo. Looks like the curtains are meant to be decorative framing and not functional. I have 12' sliders I'm contemplating drapes for so I will be interested to learn more.

Kim Stewart agradeció a Christine Villa
  • bluedogdecorating
    hace 8 años
    Close to the ceiling but not abutting it is best in most cases. I would bring them down 3-5 inches. I would also add 2 more panels to the large center window. You will need a double rod to do sheers correctly (it will look too bunchy all on one rod and won't be functional). The number is goi g to depend on your measurements, but you want them to gather at least a bit so you would want 1.5-2 sheers per full sheer width minimum. (if your sheer panels are 50 inches wide, they should cover only 25-35 inches of window at most for example) My best eyeball guess would be 1-2 for each side panel and 4-6 for the larger window.
    Kim Stewart agradeció a bluedogdecorating
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.