Houzz Logo Print
j_govindsagar

what type of flooring is ideal for a kitchen ?

j_govindsagar
hace 8 años
flooring should be durable
stain resistant
doesn't loose it's shine and gloss over the period of time
also among granite ,marble and Quartz which it's more reasonable with respect to price ?

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    hace 8 años

You list is all "stone" products. Stone products are natural. The durability is guaranteed with stone. Stain resistant...remove marble and granite from your list. Both can stain and etch and both will do this with "flooring" more than they will with a counter top.

Gloss levels all change...but it will take years to do it. All stones have maintenance = homeowner needs to work at keeping stone looking good. Stone = expensive. There is no "benefit" for "reasonable" when working with stone. They all cost plenty of money. Stone is expensive. No way around it.

If you want "glossy" that doesn't stain for a "good price" then you have forgotten to mention the BEST option: porcelain tiles. Porcelain will do everything you want for a lower price.

Stone is expensive, it can stain (especially "oil" stains) it will "etch" or lose gloss level with certain liquids (acid based liquids will do this) and they all need to be maintained and eventually need repolishing to maintain "gloss".

Durable is all you can expect out of stone. The rest of your wish list belongs with porcelain tiles.

• PRO
    User
    hace 8 años

I'd agree w/Cancork Floors recommendation about porcelain tiles. They come in endless colors, patterns, and are extremely durable and stain resistant. You need to get a quality installation however, or you will waste your money.

also among granite ,marble and Quartz which it's more reasonable with respect to price ?

I'm guessing you are referring to countertops and the most affordable in my city is granite. They install much more granite than marble or quartz and the volume allows a lower price. I like granite. I love the movement and wild combinations of color, the crystals, the depth in the stone. Marble is pretty soft, stains and scratches easily, so not good for countertops typically, and quartz is great if you want a blue or green or orange or white countertop, something that doesn't have a lot of movement. Lastly, stone slab quality can vary so it's best to look for a reputable fabricator and installer or you may end up with flawed countertops while trying to save a few bucks.

• PRO
    Gray & Walter, Ltd.
    hace 8 años

Real wood flooring that is either solid or engineered. Another great option is porcelain flooring which has many wonderful style/color options.

• PRO
    NFI Enterprises
    hace 8 años

Your most durable long lasting product for a kitchen floor is going to be a porcelain tile, which is also easy maintenance and comes in all shapes, sizes and colors. Laminate is more durable than wood, but both are susceptible to moisture. If tile is too cold for you consider vinyl, there are a couple of vinyl plank products now that claim their locking system prevents water penetration.

For countertops Quartz is your most durable and if you stay in the base grade colors, can be comparable in price to Granite. Marble you will typically pay a higher price for and is higher maintenance as well...but is gorgeous none the less.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.