Houzz Logo Print
jon_stevens

Budget Kitchen Transformation

Jon Stevens
hace 8 años

When my wife and I bought our house, the kitchen was bland. The walls, cabinets, appliances and floor were different shades of the same color, blah. We didn't have a big budget for a renovation, so we we starting looking for deals. We found a number of affordable solutions that I have outlined below.

Before:

We used the Rustoleum Cabinet Transformation kit ($75 and a long weekend) to do the cabinets and we couldn't be happier. The finish seems durable and we love the texture added by the optional glaze. We found granite for $35/sqft ($1400 total) installed at a local business running a deal. The rectangular offset porcelain tile floor was about $1/sqft ($150 total) at a local surplus store. The white subway tile backsplash is from Home Depot for $2.50/sqft ($100 total). The new cabinet and drawer pulls were sold in packs of 10 at Home Depot (about $30 total).

The total transformation came in under $2000 excluding appliances. Here's the (almost) finished product. What do you think?

After:

Comentarios (17)

• PRO
    Drawer Essentials
    hace 8 años

Beautiful! Love the cabinets.

• acm
    hace 8 años

Great work! REally has a lot of character now!

• PRO
    Studio S Squared Architecture, Inc.
    hace 8 años

Very interesting transformation

• Ashley
    hace 8 años

Looks great!! Completely changed the feel of it!

• PRO
    The RTA Store
    hace 8 años

Beautiful transformation!

• PRO
    M&R Custom Millwork Inc
    hace 8 años

Well done. Love how the cabinets turned out, great color.

• PRO
    Barn Light Electric Company
    hace 8 años

What a great, budget-friendly transformation! That subway tile backsplash looks beautiful!

• PRO
    May Construction, Inc.
    hace 8 años

Great cabinet color, beautiful!

• Ethan D
    hace 8 años

Looks like you made some great choices! I love to see the occasional "budget-friendly" makeover on here - well done!

• PRO
    Bettina and Company
    hace 8 años

Yes! A good paint job makes for a very affordable kitchen makeover. Nice work.

• bwmsuccess
    hace 8 años

Very nice! Now you have a beautiful kitchen unique to you, instead of a boring track home kitchen. Love the colors.

• mrskain1
    hace 8 años
    Looks amazing!
  • Nico
    hace 8 años

love it!

• tooky58
    hace 8 años

Wondreful job, really like the cabinet color.

• User
    hace 8 años

Good start. Please share another picture when it's all done.

• PRO
    Limitless Walls
    hace 8 años

What a transformation!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.