Houzz Logo Print
webuser_4218

What can I do to enhance the exterior of my house?

It is a 1956 ranch that has been expanded. It is nearly 60 feet wide. We have upgraded the landscaping, hardscape.

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    Judith Taylor Designs
    hace 11 años
    I think you could definitely add some contrast. Everything is blending. The garage door could be charcoal as could the shutters. Then I think the front door definitely needs interest. It is just too plain. Is there budget to build an overhang for shelter? A light hanging under would help Where are the house numbers? What colour is the existing front door?
  • Dianne Baumert-Moyik
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Thanks Judith. The front door is white. I am thinking about an overhang and your head of a light is great. The house numbers are directly under the light to the left of the door. You are right about little contrast. Do you recommend painting the house a darker color? It is vinyl siding. Not my choice.
  • Jayme H.
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    I like these types of things...
  • Jayme H.
    hace 11 años
    in the bare spot to the right of your door, u could plant something like this arborvitea...And i just think this home is attractive...
  • Elizabeth Smith
    hace 11 años
    Would you consider a more pricey project like adding stone to the bottom of your house till about 2 ft up?
  • PRO
    clayworks
    hace 11 años
    A more visible house number that is also a design element might help. Here's one that picks up your white trim and another that works with the gray. The terra cotta also adds some warmth.
  • cathyjoco
    hace 11 años
    Hi, I am not sure about your budget, but I would paint the trim and or the shutters. Use the color charts to find the color that you like. The area to the right of your door could use a plant, WELCOME plaque, wreath, and/or large pot with thin topiary. Paint the door and trim a contrasting color. It is very pretty now, it just needs some umph!
  • PRO
    Poole's Stone and Garden, Inc.
    hace 11 años
    A stone walkway and stoop would be a great idea. A stone mailbox would also be a good touch.
  • PRO
    E
    hace 8 años

your house is quite pretty and nicely done.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.