Houzz Logo Print
julieaku

Suggestions for staircase railing/balusters?

julieaku
hace 8 años

Would love any thoughts/input on what we should replace the railings and balusters with on these stairs? Hardwood stairs will be installed in two weeks - HELP!!

Comentarios (15)

• PRO
    Studio M Interior Design
    hace 8 años

I think that replacing would be unnecessary, especially if it flows with the rest of your home. Why not just paint it white to give it a fresh look? It would match the baseboards and I think it would look great! :)

julieaku agradeció a Studio M Interior Design
  • PRO
    Summit Stairs & Millwork
    hace 8 años

Here is a before and after. You may want to consider iron balusters. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

julieaku agradeció a Summit Stairs & Millwork
  • acm
    hace 8 años

Yeah, replacing seems extreme. Wood should be stainable to match your new flooring, and you can paint or stain the spindles as well. Liable to add a substantial cost if you replace the whole thing...

julieaku agradeció a acm
  • PRO
    Summit Stairs & Millwork
    hace 8 años

The way we do it you do not remove or replace any of the handrail. You cut out the existing wood balusters and replace them with iron. Very economical way to do it.

julieaku agradeció a Summit Stairs & Millwork
  • PRO
    Plush Living
    hace 8 años

For a lovely look. I suggest painting the balusters with a pearl white paint, and the railing and base of balusters painted copper metallic.

• Ruth Iovino
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

We just did this and stained the banister to match the new floor color. Looks great

julieaku agradeció a Ruth Iovino
  • Ellen Beshore
    hace 8 años

Paint the handrail black and the balusters white. Very clean look.

julieaku agradeció a Ellen Beshore
  • nforan
    hace 8 años
    Stain the stairs and railing the same as the door and the posts white like the trim. I would add a runner on the steps in a tone that matches your home.
    julieaku agradeció a nforan
  • PRO
    Soucy Interiors
    hace 8 años

Use a rod iron ballaster! Beautiful update and classic!

julieaku agradeció a Soucy Interiors
  • grapefruit1_ar
    hace 8 años

The wood balusters are traditional while the " wrought iron" are currently trendy. In some areas the wrought iron was once very popular years ago.

julieaku agradeció a grapefruit1_ar
  • Hanna Sjoeborg
    hace 8 años

We just burned the staircase and put in a new modern one...

julieaku agradeció a Hanna Sjoeborg
  • 1artiste
    hace 8 años

No one has yet mentioned the elephant in the room; the wood door to the left of the stairs. Why not camoflauge the door and focus attention on the beautiful sweeping stairs? I see competing door and stairs instead of the focal point.

julieaku agradeció a 1artiste
  • PRO
    Luxury stairs
    hace 8 años

For an Original design contact Jop van Driel info@trapart.nl

• PRO
    DH Design
    hace 8 años

It really depends on your decorating style. A traditional look would be to paint the risers and spindles in white and leave the railing and baluster in their natural wood tone as shown below. If you prefer country or rustic I would leave them as is and if you like something a bit more sophisticated and updated I might paint the railing black and leave the spindles natural or vice versa, black spindles with natural wood railing.

Westbury Long Island New York · Más información

Bragg Hill · Más información

Have fun!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.