Houzz Logo Print
canewcomer

The arch

Chris Newcomer
hace 8 años
The arch across the top, were you able to cut from a single piece of wood or is it glued together?
Reflecting History · Más información

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Jacobs Grant Design ltd
    hace 8 años

Hi - I wish I had the answer to that for you. I do not know how the contractor did that. But it has been in place for 15 years and still looks great so I expect the good paint job that has protected the wood could have protected a joint.

• PRO
    User
    hace 8 años

Hi All, If it's not rude I thought I'd help out with the answer to this question regarding the arch. Usually the arch comes as one piece. When a pergola kit is purchased it usually comes in pieces but the actual arch in the kit will come manufactured as one piece. It is easier to install that way. Very Best Richard (Lions Fence, Northern Virginia, USA)

• User
    hace 8 años

Thank you Lions. I was looking more for building one myself. Which I was able to do. I got a large and wide piece of wood, made a template on a cardboard box, traced the pattern on the wood, and cut with a jigsaw. I think it turned out pretty well! I then took the pattern I used to make the arbor top, flipped it upside down, and cut the pickets on the gate.

• PRO
    Jacobs Grant Design ltd
    hace 8 años

That is great! Glad you were able to help, Lions. And glad you were able to build one, canewcomer20!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.