Houzz Logo Print
adrienne_lynne

What kind of window treatments?

adrienne_lynne
hace 8 años

This is not my apartment, but I will be moving into one that is similar. How to deal with these windows of different heights? Goal is to have the view open most of the time, but block quite a bit of light when needed (it's a studio).

Comentarios (5)

• patriciamarch
    hace 8 años

To spare the budget I would suggest a rattan blind that covers the expanse of the width of the window. In a shade that compliments the vibe of the room. The light comes thru when they are down. A cozy and contemporary look. I would not suggest drapes or anything fussy for the style and size of this room. I would say wooden blinds but they are pricey, if not your apartment, you can find an affordable option. I like the room shown that propels me to suggest a pull down shade. A nice look in keeping with the style of the room. I would have one of the box stores that have a good selection, come and do the measuring for you as they will be a custom order size. However, the cost of the measuring is minimal and comes of the cost of the blind. The store can install as well if you are not planning to install the blind yourself.

• PRO
    Steven M. Yang Architect, LLC
    hace 8 años

How about curtains and a pair of roller shades? The architecture appeal of the window configuration and the ac unit is lacking. Right now my focus is on the odd proportions of that tiny transom window at the top. I think some bold color floor to ceiling curtains (dark blue?) could help frame the light coming through, and soften those lines. They do not even need to be operable. Then use two roller shades at different lengths to block out light.

• User
    hace 8 años

Is it two windows or a window and door? If actually two windows, something like this might work.

Multi Media Office · Más información

• brickln
    hace 8 años

Floor to ceiling drape for the longer window (extend rod to the corner to maximize view when open); shutter or artwork hinged to lean on short wall.

Roman shades with a single valance might work, too.

• adrienne_lynne
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thanks, all! I am relieved to see that there are at least blinds in there for now to block some light. Look forward to moving in and considering your thoughts.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.