Houzz Logo Print
bjaneg

Help! What front door for my non-style house?

bjaneg
hace 8 años
We don't have a specific house style (I.e., not a bungalow, craftsman, colonial, etc...). The entry inside our front door is dark and needs brightening. I'd like to find a door that would allow for some natural light in, but can t choose! Here are some of the options we've come up with. Or your basic craftsman door like the three light - but with just the top window instead of all three. Help!

Comentarios (12)

• User
    hace 8 años

#3 but all have a mid century modern vibe;)

• tmleard
    hace 8 años

• miacometlady
    hace 8 años
    I agree, your choices are MCM. Don't forget privacy issues.
  • decoenthusiaste
    hace 8 años

Get more of a French style door, with 15 llghts/mullions like your windows have.

• chloebud
    hace 8 años

Totally agree with TJ Anderson. You need a glass insert at the top that mimics your windows. The door in the second photo (Front Porch) would be great.

• groveraxle
    hace 8 años

Look for a craftsman door with lights. Go dark, not white.

• Jean Benelli
    hace 8 años

I also agree if TJ Anderson. The divided panes will be the right style for your house.

• groveraxle
    hace 8 años

Might be nice to extend that gable over the front door to the front of the porch.

• PRO
    Susan McLaughlin, Keller Williams Realty
    hace 8 años

I think your house has lots of charm! While you could stay with the traditional look, you could also add shutters and window boxes as budget permits for a cottage style. I'd stay with a traditional or cottage look, since you already have the 6 over 9 traditional windows and adding contemporary or craftsman details is a different style. I love the charcoal gray door suggested by groveraxel, since it goes with the charcoal roof. Maybe a few planters on your great front patio and you'd have people slowing down to look.

• palimpsest
    hace 8 años

The style of the house is "Minimal Tudor"

• bjaneg
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Thanks everyone - especially appreciate the 'style' comment. We've been curious what style house we had - and that makes total sense. I think we'll go with the second door that TJ recommends - and definitely go darker. Was thinking the dark/deep red in the original posting, but may look at matching the roof too!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.