Houzz Logo Print
lindag4

Hide wires from wall mounted tv

lindag4
hace 8 años

I mounted a TV on my wall in very small rental apartment in my BR. The wires go to two different outlets about 6-8" apart, one for cable input and one electric. Also there is a smallbox as part of cable wire (transformer?). Tried covering with flexible wire cover...ugh! No room for furniture below to hide.

Help!

Comentarios (9)

• lucidos
    hace 8 años

There are hide a wire covers that go on and come off easily and can be painted to match the wall. These can be found at any big box/home improvement store.

lindag4 agradeció a lucidos
  • PRO
    Brickwood Builders, Inc.
    hace 8 años

Have an electrician come in and put the wires into the walls.

lindag4 agradeció a Brickwood Builders, Inc.
  • lindag4
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

We are renters and cannot go thru wall.

• lindag4
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

We know about the covers but have the box that we cannot do without. Do not think the cover would help,

• lindag4
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

If you notice there are two separate outlets and not sure how to cover wires and box that is needed. Appreciate thinking outside of the box , but canvas would look silly going down to floor. As far as planning ahead?.... Still do not know what I could have done or how that would have helped.

• countbla
    hace 8 años
    Here's an option that might work - check that power supply box to se if the 120 side (the one that connects to the wall) can be disconnected from the transformer.

If yes:
    Coil up the power cable attached to the tv and hide the transformer behind the TV. Get a longer power cable for the 120 side (bring the one you have to the store or look on Amazon or Monoprice or similar site), you can now hide both cables in one of the rigid cable management mouldings shown in another post.
    lindag4 agradeció a countbla
  • lucidos
    hace 8 años

The IR box wire can be hidden the same way. Simply cut the cord hider putting some above and the balance below the TV. PAint the cord the same color as the all and then they can both be in line if you tack the cord under the shelf. If you want to get fancier put a hollow molding under the shelf. You can arrange the cords so they are dead center down the wall.

lindag4 agradeció a lucidos
  • PRO
    PowerBridge
    hace 7 años

Look at the PowerBridge in-wall power and cable management DIY solution.

www.powerbridgesolution.com

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.