Houzz Logo Print
oddjob99

Need help! - front view of bungalow extension ideas!!

oddjob99
hace 8 años

We want to extend up / back /side I know how I want the back to look (see attached photo) but how do I improve and modernise the front view without knocking it all down?

It is in a cul-de-sac of bungalows - no houses. neighbour going up with dormas etc and their pitch is higher. We can lift roof but need to maintain the general look for planning.

I would really like a porch, perhaps room for bench to sit on, it is a raised elevation so needs steps up. Will be changing the driveway.

Wonderful view to the front so I want to have a big window upstairs. One bedroom to the front, so single window?? Box window?? Windows designs for downstairs?

Cladding costly so may have to stay with the brick?

So it is really design ideas I am after!

Also ones of a finished conversion that I really like- so you can see the style I want.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

type of styles we like for the BACK

also
http://www.beecharchitects.com/projects/contemporary-bungalow-extension

Comentarios (4)

• Juliet Docherty
    hace 8 años

I would render the front and replace windows with smart powder coated aluminium. Urban front oak door and oak garage door to blend in. Put some simple geometric beds in front and plant with enormous architectural plants. Hope this helps.

oddjob99 agradeció a Juliet Docherty
  • oddjob99
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

thanks for comments. Yes I thought of those things too but Render may be too costly but I like the idea of wood if not too much maintence. The bricks are good too so doesnt really need render, except it would look better! I was also wondering about the render that is already there??! replace with the wood?

And if we go up, how to place the upstairs window without it just looking out of place. Have not got an architect / surveyor yet!

• PRO
    Cityzen
    hace 8 años

Good to know what your neighbours have achieved so that gives you some reassurance regarding planning. Would you see the view using clerestory windows- which would draw attention to the roof line? Sounds like a potential modernist dream if you're into that style. As for being out of place it won't be if designed.

• oddjob99
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Thanks for that Cityzen. We wouldn't see the view then as it is looking downhill, We need to view it from upstairs indeally, looking out and down. Certainly not averse to modern styles, have you any ideas of what we can do with this one? Thanks for your help!
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.