Houzz Logo Print
atuffly

Formal Dining room needs major updating, any ideas?

atuffly
hace 8 años

Comentarios (16)

• anne dee
    hace 8 años

Hi! Atuffly.
    May I ask your style preference.
    preferred colours

atuffly agradeció a anne dee
  • atuffly
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Hello there, We are looking to modernize and make somewhat simple. The style of the house is Traditional but anything close to that realm will be contemplated. We for sure will remove wallpaper and paint the room a more neutral color.

• jck910
    hace 8 años

Get rid of the blue sofa(?). Is the table & chairs staying? Choose a rug, then you will have a starting point. Paint color will come from rug. If chairs are staying is cushion part of chair or separate?

atuffly agradeció a jck910
  • atuffly
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

All the items in the room are going so we will start over fresh with a 6 person dining table. Nothing else really set in stone except we would like it to be warm or neutral toned.

• Judy Mishkin
    hace 8 años

before you get rid of your table, use it to decide the size of the rug you need. when you pull out the chairs, the back chair legs need to stay on the rug.

atuffly agradeció a Judy Mishkin
  • atuffly
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Good tips guys, I didn't know how to choose a rug and your suggestions were super helpful! I will post Photos as we start.

• atuffly
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

We want the walls and white crown molding like this...

Beaver Lake Retreat by Design Guild Homes · Más información

Any other suggestions?

• Lori East
    hace 8 años
    I added you as a Collaborator to my Ideabook-Dining, if it helps inspire you!
    atuffly agradeció a Lori East
  • jck910
    hace 8 años

Have you found a rug?

atuffly agradeció a jck910
  • Anna Kristín Gisla
    hace 8 años

From looking at your idea books this is my input. Paint a greyish beige color, with white trim. Then add a ceiling rose and keep it white to keep that traditional style. That way you will keep that traditional style. Then add a nice wood table and some white modern chairs. Put a beautiful rug to add some color and then finishing touches of new curtains, light, art and greenery.

atuffly agradeció a Anna Kristín Gisla
  • PRO
    dePasquale Designs
    hace 8 años

A beautiful drapery rod with lovely panels would add a perfect touch to the focal point window.

atuffly agradeció a dePasquale Designs
  • atuffly
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

A few possible rugs will be...

Nourison Graphic Illusions Area Rug · Más información

Kaleen Khazana Teresa-86 Ivory, Area Rug, 2'x3' · Más información

Chandra Gardenia Transitional Hand Tufted Rug X-60197-20703RAG · Más información

Not sure which one though. I adore the first one and may put that one in the living room that is right next to this dining room.

• deconovi
    hace 8 años

Can you provide other pics of the adjoining rooms?

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 8 años

Your rug selections don't appear to work with your wood floors. The rugs all have a tendency toward pink.

• Nancy Travisinteriors
    hace 8 años
    Remove everything in it. Remove wallpaper,paint. Remove window thing. Panels on ends only. Moulding looks too small remove. What is this room used for? Is it a dining room or a family room?? Also chandelier is too high and should be replaced. Lights should be 36" from top of table. Maybe a round table would work better. There is too much furniture in this room. What look are you going for?
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.