Houzz Logo Print
charvv

Need help with basement ceiling

charvv
hace 11 años
Building a new home but will not be finishing the basement ceiling with tile or sheet rock. What is the design difference between painting the exposed ceiling white or black?

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    Bassett Furniture Design Studio
    hace 11 años
    White gives the feeling of more light, taller and open. Black or dark ceilings give a warmer or cozy feeling. In Susanne Susanka's book The Not So Big House, she explores the importance of the ceiling. In my 100 year old home near Drake University, I painted the exposed basement ceiling chocolate brown, then installed can lights. The can lights are mounted so the bulb is level with the bottom of the floor joists. By projecting light from this point, it keeps the focus down and not on the exposed ceiling.

http://www.scottscreativehome.com/
  • PRO
    Sean's Interior & Exterior LLC
    hace 11 años
    Have you thought about the lose of energy without having that ceiling insulated? If it's not a concern then black gives is a nice look. Grey or white feels more industral to me.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.