Houzz Logo Print
edubya

How long is your commute home?

Emily H
hace 9 años

Did you pick your home based on the proximity to your job? Did you sacrifice a long commute for a little more room in the suburbs?

Share your experience! (photos encouraged)

Spa Creek Residence · Más información

Comentarios (29)

• glschisler
    hace 9 años
    A 25 mile, 1 hour on a good day, commute from the burbs to downtown. We got way more house for the money, with all the modern updates. Less environment, traffic, noise here too.
  • Felix Pradas-Bergnes
    hace 9 años

Two minutes, four if there are lots of tourists in town (Key West, Florida).

• mcbmd3
    hace 9 años
    12 minutes from home to work by car. Bus at corner takes about 20-25 minutes and delivers us to the corner of our work site street. We live in the City.
  • wallacegal
    hace 9 años

I HAD a five minute, two mile drive until last October. Now, thirty-three miles and one hour, one way. Moved closer to hubby's job because they're relocating and he'd have had an hour and a half one way if we'd stayed where we were. A bittersweet move for me though. I left a beautiful home I built for one I'm still trying to come to terms with. But I'll get there. It would sure make that drive a lot easier for me if I loved the house though.

• beverlynn
    hace 9 años

15 Minutes!!! Love it!!

• goradd Calafalas
    hace 9 años

about 20 minutes

• follins52
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años

I drive 40 minutes one way Monday through Friday in order to have a home that I can call mine. I love it and would not do anything differently.

• makaloco
    hace 9 años

When I was working, mine was five minutes by taxi or 15 minutes walking. Then my employer announced a move that would require an hour's commute time. I retired early to avoid it.

• intown123
    hace 9 años
    Walking distance. Priceless!
  • victorianbungalowranch
    hace 9 años

The shortest commute possible--both my husband and I work most of the time from home!

• Laurie
    hace 9 años

I work from home. Zero minutes. :)

• summilux
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años

15 minutes by car, 35 minutes by bicycle. Annoyingly, our sleepy small city has developed enough traffic that b/w 1630 to 1800 it's about the same time either by bicycle or car.

• Emily H
    Autor original
    hace 9 años

Mine is either an hour by car or 20 minutes on the train. Guess which way is my favorite. :)

• sacapuntaslapioz
    hace 9 años

work from home, so zero. Mr. Sacapuntas does 1.5 hours each way

• Jessica Kerry Mack
    hace 9 años

45 minute drive on average - using the toll road. MUCH MUCH longer if I take another route since all other routes are stop and go with a light at every crossroad.

I attempted to locate a home that would improve my commute, but in the end settled for one that takes the same length of time although it is a longer commute so I'm paying more on gas as well as the toll. Unfortunately my budget for buying a home simply didn't go far in the Washington DC metro area. My choices were a nice foreclosed condo in a nice neighborhood with the commute I have, or some pretty scary foreclosures with a LOT of damage in some very bad neighborhoods that were much further away and would have doubled or tripled my commute time.

• Theresa Holt
    hace 9 años
    Bunny slippers and coffee in hand, a few stairs and "poof" work. For shows we travel all over. One of the kids is in Uzbekistan this week on a lease.
  • mariannex
    hace 9 años
    30-40 minutes by public transit. I use that time to read on bus and metro.
  • Lynda
    hace 9 años
    10 miles / 15 to 20 minutes by car in the morning (add 10 minutes for the stop at Starbucks on the way to work :)). Evening 20 to 25 minutes (for some reason, more traffic after work).

Traffic is miserable here in So Cal and home prices are high. I have friends and coworkers who drive 1 to 1 1/2 hrs each way to have a large newish house they can afford. I can't handle long commute, so lived in rental apartments for many years until I could afford a decent sized (not huge) fixer upper home within short commute to work.
  • User
    hace 9 años
    30 second walk across house, I work from home.
  • dsseifer
    hace 8 años

I work from home and love not having to commute!

• mashayt
    hace 8 años

One hour from Austin TX. Totally worth the drive.

• willy4
    hace 8 años
    Zero if I work from home, ten mins to office
  • PRO
    Baywolf Dalton, Inc.
    hace 8 años

We opened our business 25 years ago just 6 minutes from our home. We are so glad we did, sometimes we walk with out dog to the office.

• User
    hace 8 años
    Hubby goes 15 miles. I am for the most part, early retired, so no commute.
    The neighborhood is gated, has walking trails for miles in the forest.better for us than downtown
  • cabingirl13
    hace 8 años

My commute is generally at least 1 hour where ever I go. I have a home office but am out in the field about 50% of the time. Some days I want to move closer to the city as the commute gets really old- but then I arrive home to our 7.5 very private acres and say "NO- not ever living in the darn suburbs again"!

• bungalowmo
    hace 8 años

<1 hour drive each way. To live close to work, I'd have to spend 400k on a condo. No thanks.

Working 4-10 hour days from noon to 10, I see nearly no traffic & come home to my little 100 yo bungalow on 1/2 acre with no HOA. Walking dinstance to our little downtown area. I love having Thu Fri & Sat off & don't start until Noon on Sunday.

I'm happy! :0)

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    hace 8 años

Nine feet.

• Sheila Shaw
    hace 8 años

We drive 7 minutes to work.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.